Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thankful Thursday #147



thank·ful

adjective \ˈthaŋk-fəl\
: glad that something has happened or not happened, that something or someone exists, etc.
: of, relating to, or expressing thanks
Source


Welcome back for this week's Thankful Thursday post!

A little over a year ago, my daughter Moira began taking guitar lessons from one of the young guys who plays with our worship band at church. {Did I just say "young guys"??  That makes me sound old! Then again, relatively speaking...} Anyway, she absolutely loves Taylor Swift and wanted to play the guitar. I took music lessons when I was a kid and through high school, but it's been a long time since I played anything. I don't believe Ron every played anything at all. So it's not that Moira is coming from a long line of musical geniuses or anything, but it seemed to be of great interest to her, so we signed her up.

Moira's repertoire over the past year has included selections from various popular animated films, most recently "Let it Go" from the movie Frozen - the Demi Lovato version, not the Idina Menzel version. On that we must be clear! I have to say that any 20-something guy who is willing to teach a tween songs from Disney movies is tops in my book. Actually, he's very good with her regardless of song selections. We've tried to suggest that she go for some classic guitar pieces a la Eric Clapton or something from that genre to no avail.

Moira does, however, really enjoy O & O Duo - a guitar and vocal duo {Obadiah and Orian} who performed nightly on our cruise on the Carnival Conquest back in April of this year. They cover a wide variety of songs from Frank Sinatra to The Beatles to Justin Timberlake to Ariana Grande and Magic! I picked up their cd and listen to it frequently. I listen to it so much that when we hear the original songs, Moira will exclaim, "Hey, that's an O & O Duo song!" You should check out their YouTube channel here! In fact, Moira thinks it would be pretty cool to be good enough to get a job on a cruise ship. I would completely support that decision if it meant that she could take me along as her business manager or some such thing, but I digress. I also think it's pretty cool that I have an 11 year old who seems to be inspired by this duo as well. Seriously, you should check them out. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

This week Moira picked up "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten. I decided it was time to get a video clip of her playing something.



Maybe O & O Duo can cover this one next??

It just brings me joy to see her practicing hard and to listen to her play. Ron came home in the middle of her practicing and I had him wait at the door before he announced he was home just so he could hear her doing so well. It made us both smile. I'm truly thankful for moments like these.

What are you thankful for this week?





thankful thursday

{Please note that any spam or inappropriate link ups will be removed!}


 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.