Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Writer's Block

Have you ever struggled with writer's block?

I feel like I have been dealing with this for months now.  It's painful.  I love this space where I get to share my heart with you, the reader.  I love being able to share the joys and even the sorrows.  I have found comfort in this space.  I have found unlikely connections with friends in this crazy blog world.

But I'm blocked.

I have been coping with the loss of my 6 year old daughter in May 2013 after years of pretty much round the clock caregiving.  My outlet was often through this blog as well as through sharing her story on her blog.

I struggle with what to write now.  I want this space to be a place of encouragement for others.  I want to share once again, but it is difficult when my history involves a lot of pain and sorrow.  Yet my story is also one of faith; of trusting in God.  There is hope in healing and I believe others can be encouraged through our journey.

I firmly believed in giving thanks in all things.
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  {1 Thessalonians 5:18}
Though I have been well and truly stuck on writing on a daily basis, I've remained firm that I must share a "Thankful Thursday" post each week.  And I have - for 140 weeks straight!  I struggle with those posts sometimes, as it isn't easy to find things to give thanks for during difficult times.

Beyond Thursdays, I am blocked.  It's a horrible feeling when you enjoy writing!  So, I'm asking you - what do you want to know about me?  I'd love to get to know YOU better!  Is there a topic you'd love to have a discussion on?  I know there are "opinion" issues that can get a little dicey, but if there's something you'd like to hear about, let me know!

I'd love to begin a new effort with this blog and build community here once again.

I love having you here!

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.