Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thankful Thursday #138



thank·ful

adjective \ˈthaŋk-fəl\
: glad that something has happened or not happened, that something or someone exists, etc.
: of, relating to, or expressing thanks
Source


Welcome to this week's edition of Thankful Thursday!

When I sit down to compose my Thankful Thursday post each week, I try to come up with a simple list of things I am grateful for in my life over the past week.  I make a bullet point list and share that with you.  I am a big believer in the fact that we should express our gratitude for even the simple little things in life and that being grateful is a choice we make which can have a huge and lasting impact on our lives.

I've had a difficult time of late.  I have been struggling with a lot of emotions lately.  I know that grief has no set timeline and that it is different for every person and even different for each loss we personally experience.  I suppose I felt that once we were past the first anniversary of Peyton's passing {May 4}, that I would feel some relief and that things would just be better.  Yes, the date passed and I felt like I was able to breathe again after anticipating the date.

The month of June, however, was just hard!  Very difficult.  I wasn't expecting that.  The funk I feel like I have been in for the past few weeks or so was just not what I was expecting.

I don't know that flipping the calendar page over to the month of July is some sort of magical cure for the June funk.  However, I do feel a slight reprieve from some of the things which have been weighing me down.

How is any of this related to it being "Thankful Thursday" today?

I am thankful that in the last few days I have been more aware of some of the things I have been feeling.  I am recognizing that the issues I have had and the emotions tied to them are not of God.  In talking it out with my husband, I really realized this.  I should have realized it earlier.  I am grateful to him for helping me get to this realization and for being there with me through the funk.

I am thankful to have God as my strength, especially when I've felt weak.

I am thankful to have seen how the enemy can sneak in just like that.  I am thankful that I recognized it for what it was.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  {John 10:10, NIV}

I am thankful for that promise.  God does not want us to have lives of sadness, sorrow, despair, anger, bitterness, resentment, or any other such life.  As I look back on how I have been feeling, I can't imagine a God who would desire that I live a life feeling the way I was feeling.  I also know that the areas which were being affected are ones where I know I am weak.

I am thankful for God placing people in my life with whom I can speak openly about life, who are present with me in times such as these, and who speak life into me and lift me up.

What are you thankful for this week?





thankful thursday

{Please note that any spam or inappropriate link ups will be removed!}

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.