Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Celebrating 14 Years

Ron and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary today.  We have been through so much together.  Our first year of married life was truly the only "normal" year we've ever had as a married couple.  Since then, we have dealt with unimaginable losses, and significant illness.  We have also shared incredible joy.  Together we have celebrated.  Together we have grieved.  We have remained together through all of the ups and downs that life has brought.

We haven't done it alone.

We know that through all of the good and all of the bad, God has been by our side.  In our weaknesses, He has been faithful.  He has been our shelter, our refuge, and our strength.  He has carried us and lifted us up in our trials.  I am beyond grateful to God for all He has been and done for us.  I am blessed to have such an incredible partner in Ron.  I am honored to be able to do life with him.

On our anniversary, my prayer is that I may be the loving, supportive, and respectful wife that Ron deserves.  I pray that our marriage will continue to be strengthened and that we, as a couple, continue to draw closer to God and lean on Him.  I pray for continued healing for our family as we navigate this journey of life together.

The Lord is my strength and shield.  I trust in him with all my heart.  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.  I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."  {Psalm 28:7}

Ron and I on the #CarnivalGlory before leaving port in Miami - April 13, 2014
 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.