Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Year 3 Week 20



Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  Each Thursday, I host a "Thankful Thursday" link up so that we can share with each other the things in our lives that we are grateful for right now.  I am in my third year of hosting this link up.  I have felt strongly for a long time that it is important to stop and take a moment to recount the things in our lives for which we are thankful.  When life is full of challenges, it is often hard to think of anything that could possibly be worthy of giving thanks.  I felt that way for a long time.  However, once I got into the weekly habit of doing this, I found that there are always things to be thankful for - even if the most difficult of life's seasons.  It goes beyond that.  Developing an attitude of thanksgiving can change your outlook on life.  Even if you don't have a post to link up, I'd love to encourage you to just stop where you are and think of three things that you are thankful for.  Do that each day.  It's amazing how much we have to be thankful for even when it doesn't feel like there is anything!

This week I am thankful for:

*  Finally {I hope!!} kicking this sinus infection!  It was getting pretty old pretty quickly.  I think I am finally over it!

*  Another great report card for Moira.  As always, I am so proud of her!

*  A great report from my Orthopaedic surgeon yesterday.  It has been 3 months since my surgery.  I do not need to see him for 3 more months!  He said he would not expect me to be doing any better than I am right now.  He was happy, so I am also very happy.

*  A new job!  Yes.  A job!  I haven't worked outside the home since 2008 when I had to quit work to be a 24/7 caregiver for Peyton.  I shouldn't say "had to".  I think you understand what I mean though.  I haven't interviewed for a job since 2000.  I haven't put a resume together since about 2000.  An opportunity came up for a part time job at our church.  I applied and I got the job.  It is in their cafe and bookstore.  This week has been my first week.  It's been a busy schedule for training.  I haven't been this busy myself in quite a long time.  It's been a good transition so far, although I'm pretty tired!  I love the job though.  I'm very thankful for this opportunity!

What are you thankful for this week?






thankful thursday

{Please note that any spam or inappropriate link ups will be removed!}

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.