Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Year 3 Week 18



Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  Each Thursday, I host a "Thankful Thursday" link up so that we can share with each other the things in our lives that we are grateful for right now.  I am in my third year of hosting this link up.  I have felt strongly for a long time that it is important to stop and take a moment to recount the things in our lives for which we are thankful.  When life is full of challenges, it is often hard to think of anything that could possibly be worthy of giving thanks.  I felt that way for a long time.  However, once I got into the weekly habit of doing this, I found that there are always things to be thankful for - even if the most difficult of life's seasons.  It goes beyond that.  Developing an attitude of thanksgiving can change your outlook on life.  Even if you don't have a post to link up, I'd love to encourage you to just stop where you are and think of three things that you are thankful for.  Do that each day.  It's amazing how much we have to be thankful for even when it doesn't feel like there is anything!

This week I am thankful for:

*  Our good health.  I say that as two of the three of us are recovering from illness.  Last week I was down with a sinus infection and strep hit Moira on her birthday of all days.  We were both able to see our doctors very quickly and get medications which were able to help us over the worst of the illnesses and get us on the road to recovery.  We don't get "sick" very often, so I am very grateful for our general overall good health {all my blood clot and ankle injury issues notwithstanding!}.

*  Our beautiful Moira.  She celebrated her 10th birthday this past Monday.  I have no idea where the time has gone!  I shared a little over HERE if you want to read that.


*  An upcoming vacation for Ron and I!  We are so thankful for those who will be hanging out with Moira while we set sail a month from today!  This will be our first cruise.  We're pretty excited about it.  Now that some big school projects for Moira are out of the way, I may spend more time checking out the ship and all the different shore excursions available online.  We'll be heading out of Miami and exploring Grand Cayman, Cozumel {Mexico}, Belize, and Mahogany Bay {Isla Roatan - an island of Honduras}.  Have any of you been to any of these places on a cruise?  I'm open to suggestions for shore excursions!

*  Being able to drive again.  It's helped out a great deal.  I hadn't driven for almost 6 months up til a few weeks ago.  It feels good to have that sense of independence again!

What are you thankful for this week?





thankful thursday

{Please note that any spam or inappropriate link ups will be removed!}

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.