Friends, I would love to introduce you to a fellow blogger and mom, Lindsey Bell. She is stopping by today as a part of her blog tour to promote her new book, a parenting devotional called Searching For Sanity. I am excited to have her here today as she talks about how you can celebrate Valentine's Day even on a budget! Welcome, Lindsey!
A couple of years ago, my husband and I went away for Valentine’s Day. We stayed in a beautiful secluded cabin in the woods. There was a hot tub on our deck that overlooked the snow-covered trees beneath us. The view was breath taking.
Wouldn’t it be nice to do something like that every year? Unfortunately, for most of us, it’s too expensive to go on a fancy getaway once a year.
That doesn’t mean, though, that we can’t still enjoy Valentine’s Day with the ones we love.
Here are fifteen ways to make Valentine’s Day special, even on a tight budget:
Budget-Friendly Valentine’s Day Ideas:
1. Make a list of all of the reasons you love your spouse.
2. Do a Valentine’s Day treasure hunt (with candles, paper hearts, cookies, candies, notes of appreciation, etc.).
3. Give hugs or kisses every hour on the hour.
4. Make a heart-shaped cake or cookies.
5. Do a random act of kindness in the name of your spouse.
6. Cook his or her favorite meal or dessert.
7. Make a photo collage with your favorite photos.
8. Take turns giving each other massages.
9. Have an indoor picnic.
10. Share a bottle of wine or sparkling grape juice.
11. Re-live your first date.
12. Enlist the help of your spouse’s family and friends. Have each of them write a note of appreciation to your spouse. Collect them all and put them in a book for him.
13. Go to Walmart, Target, or the dollar store armed with $5.00 each. See who can find the most thoughtful gift without going over $5.00.
14. Dress up for a nice dinner at home.
15. If it’s not too cold, go for a walk, hand-in-hand, after dark and look at the stars together.
Let’s Talk: What other budget-friendly ideas do you have? Leave a comment to be entered to win a gift card from Lindsey for her blog tour contest!
This post is part of a Lindsey’s blog tour for Searching for Sanity, her new parenting devotional. You can read other posts in this tour by going to her blog: www.lindsey-bell.com.
About Lindsey Bell:
Lindsey Bell is the author of Searching for Sanity, a new parenting devotional. She’s also a stay-at-home mother of two, minister’s wife, avid reader, and chocolate lover. You can find Lindsey online at any of the following locations:
Her blog: www.lindsey-bell.com
Her website: www.lindseymbell.com
About Searching for Sanity:
Have you ever looked at your beloved children and wondered, what in the world am I doing? Why did God trust me—of all people—to raise them?
Motherhood is the most difficult job many of us will ever take. Searching for Sanity offers moms an opportunity to take a breath, dig into the Word, and learn from parents of the past. In short devotions designed for busy moms, this book uses the parents of the Bible—both the good and the bad—to inspire today’s mothers.