Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Year 3 Week 15



Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  Each Thursday, I host a "Thankful Thursday" link up so that we can share with each other the things in our lives that we are grateful for right now.  I am in my third year of hosting this link up.  I have felt strongly for a long time that it is important to stop and take a moment to recount the things in our lives for which we are thankful.  When life is full of challenges, it is often hard to think of anything that could possibly be worthy of giving thanks.  I felt that way for a long time.  However, once I got into the weekly habit of doing this, I found that there are always things to be thankful for - even if the most difficult of life's seasons.  It goes beyond that.  Developing an attitude of thanksgiving can change your outlook on life.  Even if you don't have a post to link up, I'd love to encourage you to just stop where you are and think of three things that you are thankful for.  Do that each day.  It's amazing how much we have to be thankful for even when it doesn't feel like there is anything!

This week I am thankful for:

*  Our finances.  Like most of the country, we have had our share of financial struggles, but I am grateful that we have an income and the ability to provide a roof over our heads and food on the table.  I am grateful for having what we have and to not feel that we are lacking.  We're not "rich" in worldly measures, but we are rich in so many ways.

*  Insurance.  Even though we are at the beginning of the year, which means having to meet all those deductibles again, we have health insurance.  I am grateful for this as it is allowing me to get much needed physical therapy on my foot {I started back this week} and take care of all of my other medical needs.

*  Life.  I have been out of sorts lately, in large part because we are coming up on ten months {and soon enough, one year} since losing Peyton.  This time last year was so difficult, yet we had no idea just how difficult it would soon become.  It's hard reflecting back on where we were just one year ago, knowing that we are missing a very important piece of our family now.  I am thankful for life because I know how precious it is and just how short it can be.  I am grateful for each and every moment we were given with her.

*  Upcoming vacation time.  After the year we've had, Ron and I are looking forward to a much needed vacation.  We have just under two months to go, but we're going on a cruise.  This will be our first time.  We'll be heading out of Miami to the Western Caribbean.  I am already making mental notes to remember to pack the sunscreen.  I do not want a repeat of the sun poisoning ordeal I went through last June!  We are really excited about this trip.  We'll be on a physical, mental, and technological vacation for the time we're gone.  Cannot wait!!

What are you thankful for this week?





thankful thursday

{Please note that any spam or inappropriate link ups will be removed!}

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.