Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Year 3 Week 13



Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  Each Thursday, I host a "Thankful Thursday" link up so that we can share with each other the things in our lives that we are grateful for right now.  I am in my third year of hosting this link up.  I have felt strongly for a long time that it is important to stop and take a moment to recount the things in our lives for which we are thankful.  When life is full of challenges, it is often hard to think of anything that could possibly be worthy of giving thanks.  I felt that way for a long time.  However, once I got into the weekly habit of doing this, I found that there are always things to be thankful for - even if the most difficult of life's seasons.  It goes beyond that.  Developing an attitude of thanksgiving can change your outlook on life.  Even if you don't have a post to link up, I'd love to encourage you to just stop where you are and think of three things that you are thankful for.  Do that each day.  It's amazing how much we have to be thankful for even when it doesn't feel like there is anything!

This week I am thankful for:

*  The My 500 Words writing challenge.  This was a writing challenge I participated in for the month of January.  The goal was to write anything - but that it would be at least 500 words a day for the entire month.  I wound up missing some days towards the end, but I finished the month having written well over 20,000 words with an average of over 660 words per day.  I would call that a success!

*  Continued recovery.  I kicked the boot a week early.  I was supposed to transition from the boot to brace next Wednesday.  However, in my head it was this Wednesday.  I actually was getting really annoyed with it earlier in the week, so moved to the brace this past Monday.  Either that's an "oops" or a "way to go!" moment.  I am actually giving serious thought to putting the boot back on for a few days.  My ankle is pretty sore.

*  Chosen 2014.  The Chosen Womens Conference is an annual conference hosted by my church.  This year was the third annual Chosen Conference, held last Thursday and Friday.  I missed it last year with everything going on with Peyton, but I did attend the first and third years.  The first year was absolutely fantastic, but I can say now that it has grown leaps and bounds since 2012!  We heard from keynote speakers including our pastor Greg Surratt, Christine Caine {founder of the A21 Campaign to abolish human trafficking in the 21st century}, Jen Hatmaker, and Mercy Lokulutu.  I have my favorite speakers for sure.  Mercy's message truly spoke to where I am at right now.  Christine also preached at our church on the weekend.  She is such a powerful speaker.  Love her!  Tickets are already on sale for Chosen 2015.  I have mine already!  You can visit the website HERE.  Super early bird registration ends today!  Caution...photo dump ahead!  The link up is after that!


Pastor Greg Surratt

Mercy Lokulutu

Jen Hatmaker



Christine Caine



What are you thankful for this week?





thankful thursday

{Please note that any spam or inappropriate link ups will be removed!}


 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.