Friday, January 3, 2014

My Word For 2014


Nearly all of 2013 was spent struggling in one area or another of life.  As the year began, we were dealing with a 6 year old child whose health was beginning to decline.  She began to have brittle bones which were fracturing.  By the end of March, she was in the hospital for what was the last 40 days of her life.  She passed away on May 4, 2013.

As we began dealing with grief and loss, we began to face other personal challenges, mainly involving me.  Sun poisoning.  Severe ankle sprain - which actually turned out to be a torn tendon requiring surgery.  Pulmonary embolism.  The medical challenges did not end with Peyton's passing.  They were simply transferred to me!

In 2013, Ron and I celebrated 13 years of married life.  I use the term "celebrated" loosely, as our anniversary was just days before Peyton passed away.  I am not superstitious, but 13 years in 2013 was not a good combination for us.

2014 is a new year.  We still have challenges to be overcome.  We are still going through the process of grieving and healing from the loss of our daughter.  But it's a chance for a fresh start of sorts.  A new year.  A new beginning.  I don't know what "normal" is supposed to look like by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know that our life has to experience a "renewal".  I chose the word "renew" for my word for 2014.  It seemed fitting for the season we are in right now.  

I hope to experience renewal in mind, body, and spirit as we journey through the year ahead.

Do you have a word or a theme for 2014?  I'd love to hear about it!
 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.