Friday, January 17, 2014

My 500 Words: Day 17 - January 2014 ipsy Glam Bag Review

I just received my third ever ipsy Glam Bag.  Just like another beauty box subscription I receive, the ipsy Glam Bag is $10.00 a month.  Rather than simply being packaged in a box, the ipsy Glam Bag products come in a nice little bag.  November's was a shimmery gold bag.  December's was a little black zippered tote.  This month it was a blue zippered tote which reminds me of pencil cases from when I was in elementary school.  I don't know what it is about this month's bag, but the smell of the material is a bit powerful and is reminiscent of a pair of opaque blue galoshes I had as a child.


My first two ipsy Glam Bags were incredible.  I was beyond impressed with the quality of the products I received.  Honestly, I was even more surprised by the number of full size products in those two bags.  As I have seen in my other beauty box subscription, the contents can be a little hit or miss, so I have been wondering how long it would take for the ipsy Glam Bag to be a "miss".  Find out what was in my bag here:


Elizabeth Mott - Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil | Penny - This was probably my second favorite item in the bag this month, although it was a sample size.  Maybe I was spoiled by all those prior full size products.  I do like the color, but I think if I were to purchase this product, I would choose from one of the other colors available.  Retail - $14.99

(Malin+Goetz) - Mojito Lip Balm - I love lip balm and I love that I received a full size version of this product in my bag.  As such, this product has the distinction of being my most favorite item in the bag this month.  I'd definitely buy this.  Love it!  Retail - $12

Proactiv+ - Mark Fading Pads -  For years I have seen print and online ads for Proactiv products.  I've always been curious to try but never have.  The Mark Fading Pads are just one part of their skin care regimen.  I think I'd rather have tried a cleansing type of product.  I did receive four of these towelette samples.  Retail - I'm not sure.  This item comes as part of a cleansing kit.

Healthy Sexy Hair - Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner - I'm always up for trying this type fo product.  I am curious to see how well it works.  It was a decent size sample, so I should get several uses out of it.  Retail - $17.95

skiin Soothing & Smoothing Eye Cream - I do like a good under eye cream.  I had not previously heard of this brand, so I'm anxious to give this a try.  It's a bit pricey for me though, so it'll have to be pretty good to consider buying at full retail price.  Retail - $29.95

My first two ipsy Glam Bags were amazing, especially considering the number of full size products that were in those bags.  The third bag did not leave me with the same "WOW!!" impact as the first two bags.  As I said, I think I was spoiled by all the full size products.  That said, it was a fun bag with some great products to try.  I always enjoy checking out new products.  When I consider that it only costs $10 for the Glam Bag, I think it's great deal. I can't wait to see what's in next month's bag!

If you're interested in signing up for an ipsy Glam Bag, click on over right here.

{note: the opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own and I have in no way been compensated for this review}


{if you're counting - that was 516 words for my seventeenth My 500 Words post, for a total of 13,178 this month!}
 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.