Monday, November 18, 2013

November 2013 Birchbox Review

My November Birchbox has arrived!  My October box was fantastic, so I was eager to see how this month's would compare.  It arrived later than usual.  I was hoping that the wait would be worth it.



The theme of the November box is "More Good".  The idea is that they will "be bringing you ideas for how you can bring ore good to your life, from a roundup of our favorite charitable beauty to easy ways to give back."  Per the enclosure card, Birchbox will be "donating a portion of the proceeds from the Birchbox Shop to No Kid Hungry, a nationwide organization that works to end childhood hunger."


Here's what my November Birchbox contained: 


Bare Love Beauty | Bare Love Body Luxury Body Fuel - This is a "firm oil" which is meant to "hydrate and improve skin's vitality with patented OlioLove Technology."  Honestly, when I first saw the white bottle, I wasn't even sure what it was and what I was supposed to do with it.  I suppose I can give this a try on extra dry areas such as my heels and my foot, which is somehow extremely dry after wearing a brace on my foot almost all day every day for two and a half months.  But overall, when I looked at the bland packaging and didn't know what to make of it, I lost interest.  Oh, it also leaked a little bit inside my Birchbox.  Full size - $28.00

derma e | Soothing Skincare Collection - This sample is actually a foil packet with three segments containing Soothing Cleanser, Soothing Serum, and Soothing Moisturizing Creme.  These are for sensitive skin, so I am curious to try these.  I just wish the samples were larger.  I also wish the full size versions were less expensive!  Full size: $15.50 {Cleanser}, $29.95 {Serum}, and $29.95 {Moisturizing Creme}

Eyeko | Black Magic Mascara - It's mascara.  I'm running low.  This was a well-timed sample.  I like this product.  Again, I just wish the full size product wasn't so expensive.  Full size: $24.00

Laura Mercier | Lip Glace in Quartz -  This is a really pretty shade, but it's a little dark for my liking.  This product comes in other colors and there is a shade I think would be more suitable, but full size pricing is, once again, a bit higher than I'd like to pay ordinarily.  Full size: $24.00

Lifestyle Extra

Fatty Sundays | Chocolate Covered Pretzel - This is the "fun" add-on item to this month's box.  I love chocolate.  I don't love pretzels.  I'll let my husband have this one.  Also, the retail price is listed incorrectly on the enclosure card.  Full size {pack of 5}: $7.00


Overall, this month's Birchbox was unimpressive.  That said, I think the good outweighs the bad.   They have a great points system, so I've been able to redeem a lot of points over the past year and a half for free products.  That, to me, makes it worthwhile.  I've said it before - it's always fun to try new products!

~~~~~

If you are interested in Birchbox, it's $10 a month for the subscription.  You earn 10 points for every $10 spent.  When you've spent $100, you earn $10 to use in their shop!  You can also earn points shopping in their online shop.  Referring friends will get you even more points!

If you are interested in subscribing for yourself, click HERE to receive more information!

If you already subscribe to Birchbox, what was in your box this month??

{note: the opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own and I have in no way been compensated for this review}

Click on image below to see my Birchbox reviews from April 2012 to the present date:
 birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.