Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 44! {Link Up}



Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  If you're new here, welcome!  If you're a return visitor, welcome back!  I am glad you are here.  Today is the day of the week where I like to take a moment to just be thankful for some things in my life that are happening right now.  You are welcome to link up your "thankful" posts below or simply share in the comments something you are thankful for.

This week I am thankful for:


*  Sigh.  Another quick and efficient pass through a local ER {for myself....again}.  That's 3 visits in the last 2 months.  First was an allergic reaction.  Second was the sunburn.  Now torn ligaments in my ankle.  I would love to tell you I was involved in some highly athletic activity like training for a half-marathon or cycling or soccer.  Anything.  But, no, the truth is...I stood up and took a step or two forward, rolled over on my ankle and down I went.  Many thanks to my neighbor who broke my fall, as she was sitting on the couch I landed on.  Thanks to both of my neighbors who assisted me in getting safely to the floor when it was noticed that I'd actually passed out from the pain.  Thank you to my husband for calling 911 and to the many firefighters and various assorted emergency medical people who showed up at our home, ultimately bringing me to the ER by ambulance.  This was Sunday afternoon.  It's now Thursday and I cannot flex my foot.  To move my foot at all causes great pain.  Many thanks to a dear friend who is recovering from surgery from a similar injury which she sustained back in July.  We're "torn ankle ligament twins".  She gave me the name of her Orthopedist and I will be seeing him on Monday.


* For being able to get in to the Orthopedist so quickly.  When I called, they said that to just be seen, I'd have to wait til October!  Since I had a disc with the x-ray on it, they said if I dropped it off, the doctor could review it and determine how much sooner I should be seen.  My friend happened to see this doctor for a check up yesterday and she mentioned me to him and was able to describe the injury.  This was wonderful because otherwise it would just be him looking at the x-ray film without any knowledge of how it happened or how I was currently doing.  I see him Monday.  I am very grateful that I only have to wait just days rather than weeks!

* For the ability to write blog posts from time to time about child sponsorship with Compassion International.  This month is Blog Month.  They are seeking to find sponsors for 3,160 children this month.  You can read my second writing assignment of the month HERE.  I am grateful for all that we have and that we have created room to be able to help one child in need.


What are you thankful for today?
~~~~~


Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!! 




Featured At The Fontenot Four

i may be linking up with:

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.