Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 41! {Link Up}



Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  If you're new here, welcome!  If you're a return visitor, welcome back!  I am glad you are here.  Today is the day of the week where I like to take a moment to just be thankful for some things in my life that are happening right now.  You are welcome to link up your "thankful" posts below or simply share in the comments something you are thankful for.

This week I am thankful for:


* The end of summer and a start to the routine of a new school year.




* A successful first few days of school for Moira, who is now in 4th grade.



* Finding a new-to-me urgent care facility.  I've tried another local place.  It's fine, but the few times I've been, I've felt more like I'm just being processed.  After having been to a hospital ER for my severe sunburn a week ago Wednesday, I wound up needing to see someone again on Saturday.  I decided to give this other walk in clinic a try.  From the moment I saw the scripture verse on the door, I knew it would be a good fit.  They also play Christian music {not softly in the background either!} and have a prayer request box at the front desk.
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."  {Joshua 24:15, NIV}
* A clear ultrasound. I had to have an ultrasound on my legs to rule out DVT because of the pain and swelling I was having with the sunburn.  I have a past history of massive pulmonary embolisms {in 2001 and 2004}, so even though the risk was small, we weren't taking a chance.  No DVT!!

* New neighbors.  We just met a couple that moved in down the street.  They are Christian and definitely show their faith.  I'm excited to get to know them.  I sincerely pray that the husband is able to find work quickly so that he can join his family down here permanently.  I also pray for the quick sale of their house back home.

What are you thankful for today?
~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four

i may be linking up with:

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.