Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 40! {Link Up}



Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  If you're new here, welcome!  If you're a return visitor, welcome back!  I am glad you are here.  Today is the day of the week where I like to take a moment to just be thankful for some things in my life that are happening right now.  You are welcome to link up your "thankful" posts below or simply share in the comments something you are thankful for.

This week I am thankful for:


* Being able to honor the memory of our first child - a son, Jeffrey - who was stillborn 12 years ago yesterday.  Last October, I shared THIS post on National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day 2012.  If you have been through a pregnancy loss of any sort or infant loss, please know you are not alone and that there are countless women who have walked a similar journey.  Yours is unique to you, but please know you are not alone in your grief.


* An absolutely gorgeous day at the beach on Tuesday.  We were there for several hours.  It rained {by "rained", I mean "sprinkled"} for all of about 2 minutes while we were there.  No one got up to leave.  Great company.  Very peaceful, relaxing, and just what I needed.




* Fast and efficient hospital emergency rooms.  As I said it as an absolutely beautiful day.  The sun was shining brightly.  If you're a redheaded fair-skinned person such as myself, that only means one thing.



I don't share this by way of looking for pity.  I honestly wasn't aware this had happened until I got home and was about to get ready for a shower.  Tuesday evening, I was sore and feeling chilled.  It was a rough night's sleep.  When I woke up Wednesday morning, I was even more sore.  I didn't realize the extent of the pain until I swung my legs over the side of the bed and went to stand up to head to the restroom.  The pain at that time was unbearable.  I had to try several times to get up, laying down between attempts.  I eventually made it, but then I felt light-headed, nauseous, had buzzing in my ears, and felt like I might be sick and/or pass out.  I did neither {thank God!} but I felt horrible.  I also realized my knees were quite swollen.  I quickly returned to bed but then let my husband know I needed to see a doctor.  I have never had a burn this bad.  My legs are worse than my arm in the above picture.  I am very grateful to the nurse and doctor who took care of me, administering fluids, a dose of steroids, and pain meds to ease the pain and inflammation.  While not 100% improved upon leaving the ER, I did feel significantly better after this and just rested for the rest of the day.

As I said, I am no looking for pity - it's a downfall of being a redhead.  But I do want to take the opportunity to just use this as a warning to all who might not use sunscreen or who don't use enough or who don't re-apply throughout the day.  The sun is BAD!!  Yes, it is good...but a sunburn like this is NOT fun and it is not good to put one's body through this.  We burned even with sunscreen.  You can read more information on sunburn and sun poisoning here.  

What are you thankful for today?
~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four

i may be linking up with:

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.