Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 22! {Link Up}

Welcome back for another week of Thankful Thursday! I truly appreciate you all for visiting and linking up your "thankful" posts today!

It's another week and another Thankful Thursday post written from inside the walls of the hospital.  Today is Day 17.  There is no end in sight at this moment in time.  You can follow along with what's been happening over at
 Peyton's blog.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.  {1 Thessalonians 5:18}
Today I am thankful for:

* Excellent medical care for Peyton.  I can't say enough how impressed I have been with everything over the past 17 days.  Peyton's original attending when off service and a new one came on over the weekend.  Then Monday a new one replaced him.  We're on our third attending.  All know Peyton well from previous stays.  I am grateful to each of them for everything they have done and are doing for Peyton.  There's been a change in some of the residents this week.  I'm so grateful to the residents who were working with Peyton.  You get kind of attached to people you see each and every day, sometimes multiple times a day.  I miss seeing their smiling faces here but wish them well in their new assignments this week.  The nurses...I cannot say enough about them.  We've had some pretty consistent scheduling of nurses.  I love them all.  And the nurse's aides too.  These ladies{and gentlemen....they aren't all ladies!} have all been incredible.  Just amazing.  The level of concern for Peyton and compassion towards our situation has been incredible.  They aren't just concerned about her, but for the family as well.  Everyone who has been working on Peyton's team has been that way.

* Nurses who do manicures.  Not for me.  For Peyton.  Peyton had her first mani the other day.  The nurse noticed her nails were getting a little long so she left and came back with a nail file and nail polish and gave Peyton the spa treatment.


* Blood donors!  Peyton had her second blood transfusion over the weekend.  You know how I feel about that.  I am beyond grateful to the donor who stepped up so that Peyton could receive this precious gift.

* Smiles.  These are few and far between these days.  I'll take them when I can get them though.  So precious!! 


* Friends and family who have offered support, encouragement, coffee, treats, meals, and so on.  Everything you've done is so very much appreciated.  Thank you!

What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four


i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made | Our Journey | Grace Alone... | Six By the Bay | Women Taking a Stand

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.