Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 21! {Link Up}

Welcome back for another week of Thankful Thursday! I truly appreciate you all for visiting and linking up your "thankful" posts today!

Do you remember last week's Thankful Thursday post when I said that Peyton was in the hospital again and we were facing some more challenges??  Well, Peyton is now on Day 10 of her hospitalization.  We haven't gone home yet.  She has faced some serious challenges in the hospital which have left us wondering - legitimately - if she would be going home.

If you have been following Peyton's blog, you might be sitting there wondering what on earth I should be thankful for this week.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.  {1 Thessalonians 5:18}
Being thankful on a Thursday {or any day} isn't just a nice idea.  We are commanded to give thanks.  Even if we have to dig really, really deeply, there are so many things to be grateful for!

Today I am thankful for:



This precious child of God.  This daughter of the King.  No matter how short her earthly life may be, she has purpose.  She was born for a purpose.  She has purpose and as long as she is with us, she still has purpose.  This child has taught me far more than I could ever possibly teach her.  I don't think I can possibly ever quantify the number of people whose life she has affected.



For the volunteer donor who chose to give a little bit of themselves so that my child could be transfused with this life-giving blood, I am grateful.  I don't know that one can quantify how thankful one could be for that precious gift.  I wrote about that on Good Friday.  Donate!  Donate!  Donate!  Don't know much about donating blood??  Find out more HERE!  I am not a match for my O negative daughter.  But someone was.  You could be that someone for someone else.



The "corner suite".  Seriously, I don't know why this gigantic room exists in the unit Peyton is in.  But after spending a few days in rooms that were half the size or smaller, I am most definitely grateful.

I am so grateful for the team of doctors and nurses who have been working with Peyton these past 10 days.  I know Peyton is a challenge {to put it mildly}.  I know that the doctors are doing everything they possibly can to figure out how to help her and get her home, but things just seem to have had a way of working against that.  I know in my head and in my heart that they are doing all they can.  It doesn't make it easier to see your child suffering, but I know they are going above and beyond trying to figure things out.

I have lived in this hospital for 10 days now right along with Peyton.  During this time we had previously planned company.  Ron's dad and his wife came to visit Sunday from Arkansas.  They just left yesterday.  They were able to come up to the hospital with Ron and Moira to see Peyton.  I am so thankful that they were able to come out here.  Thank you for making the trip.  I know it wasn't how you'd originally planned it to be and that it wasn't easy.  Thank you.

Sometimes God orchestrates your day.  In the midst of everything going on, yesterday's events brought about a peace that I haven't been feeling.  One part of the day was something I am just so beyond thankful for but it's also something that was very personal.  God knows.  So do the people involved.  The other part of the day involved First Wednesday at church.  With Peyton being in the hospital, I was unable to go in person, but it was streamed live, so I was able to watch online {mostly} uninterrupted.  Christian artist Matt Redman led worship for our service and his wife, Beth, gave the message.  Every song and every word of the message felt like they were meant for me.



I am also thankful for perspective.  Almost seven years ago, our lives were forever changed with the birth of Peyton.  Hers has been {and still is} a life filled with challenges which are becoming increasingly challenging as she gets older.  It isn't an easy life.  For her or for our family.  But what it has done, in part, is to give me a perspective on things that I just wouldn't have otherwise.  What is important in life and what really truly isn't - those ideas have changed.  What I thought would be "ideal" looks different now.  The things I thought were "real" or "important" once just aren't.  I am grateful for the perspective we have on life because of Peyton.

What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four


i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made | Our Journey | Grace Alone... | Six By the Bay | Women Taking a Stand

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.