Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Seeking Strength: Into the Word Wednesdays: v 24 {link up}

As I write this post, I am finishing up my 15th day in the hospital with my daughter, Peyton.  It is a hospital stay that has no end in sight.  Peyton is a very sick little girl right now.  This was sudden and unexpected.  What began as an overnight admission for pain control for another new fracture {she has a brittle bone disorder among many other things} has turned into an ordeal which has gone on for over two weeks.

If I am being perfectly honest, we do not know the direction that this sickness will take us.  The optimism of the physicians does not match what I am feeling as the mom who has sat day in and day out in Peyton's room with her.  I have not given up hope.  That's not it.  I see the pain and the suffering that this little child has endured and it is unbearable to watch.  I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to be Peyton.  


Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.  {Psalm 55:22}


There is still room for hope.  As long as there is faith, there is hope.  I know that God is orchestrating this season of our lives as He does all seasons.  There is a tremendous burden I am feeling.  I am facing times where I must make decisions which are based on limited information because not enough is known.  I have no way to know if the decisions I am making are the right ones for her.  It seems like trial and error.

I cannot even begin to comprehend what it would be like to go through this season without faith.  Through the darkest days over these past couple of weeks, I have not lost my faith in Him.  I know God is my strength.  I know that He is at work in this situation.  I know that He has a purpose for this season, no matter how it ends.  I also know that I have tremendous burdens as I walk this journey with my family.  It is difficult.  It is challenging.  But I know that I am not in this alone.  I have my family, for sure.  I also know that I have God.  I know that He is in the middle of this and so I lean on Him for wisdom and guidance and the strength to endure all the things that come our way.

I just pray that as we travel further on this road that His will be done and that no matter what comes our way, I will always hold on to Him as my strength.

~~~~~

I would LOVE it if you linked up with a post about what God is showing you in the Word, or in your life. Please also stop by and see what God has been teaching my beautiful co-hosts this week: 


Becky at Tales of Beauty for Ashes
Falen at Upward Not Inward 
Kelly at Exceptionalistic



Into the Word Wednesday Blog Hop Rules:
1. Write a post about what God is teaching you this week.
2.  Follow the host and hostess. 
3. Grab a button to put on your blog - the more the merrier!
4. Check out (and comment) other people's blogs and be blessed by all the sisters and brothers around the world!


Into The Word Wednesdays



 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.