Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 2013 Birchbox Review

This month marks my one year anniversary of being a Birchbox subscriber!  No, there's nothing special that happens as a result of that.  I still love receiving that little pink box in my mailbox each month and I still get excited when we approach the 10th of the month as I anxiously await that little package.  I still love finding out what's inside the box.  I love the points I've earned through referrals and purchase of full-size products.  If you've signed up under my link, thank you!

This month's Birchbox was sponsored by Women's Health.  The box is made up of products which are allegedly some of their favorites.  Interesting.  I have to say that this box was one of my least favorites in the year I have been subscribing.  Either my expectations are too high or being on day 17 of my daughter's hospital stay just had me hoping for something much better than I actually got.

Here's what my Birchbox contained:


(MALIN+GOETZ) | cilantro hair conditoner - Does this come with a side of chips and queso?  I'm thinking burritos when I hear "cilantro".  Since I have spent the past 17 days in the hospital with my daughter, I'll take it though.  I will give it a shot.

Full Price: $22.00 {would not buy at that price even if it worked well}

Caudalie | SOS Morning Eye Rescue - Another month, another eye cream.  Seems I've had a few of these lately.  I do like to try these, so I guess this was the highlight of the box for me.

Full Price: $34.00 {would not buy at that price even if it worked well}

Herban Essentials | Towelettes - Towelettes??  Seriously??

Full Price: $16.00 for 20 {last time I ate at my favorite wing place, I got moist towelettes for free...just sayin'}

Mirenesse | Glossy Kiss Lipstick - Birchbox apparently hasn't caught on to my skin tone or color preferences.  This gaudy orange-red is NOT for me.

Full Price: $26.55 {would not buy at this price even if I liked the color}

Lifestyle Extra:
Hail Merry | Chocolate Macaroons - I'm getting tired of the food add-ons.  I subscribe to Birchbox for the beauty products, not the snacks.

Full Price: $5.00 {I wouldn't buy these.  I'm just not that interested.}

All in all, not the greatest box I've ever received, but I think it's still worth it!  I still love trying the new products!  What did you get in your box this month?







If you are interested in Birchbox, it's $10 a month for the subscription.  You earn 10 points for every $10 spent.  When you've spent $100, you earn $10 to use in their shop!  You can earn points shopping in their shop as well.  Also, you can earn points by referring friends! To date, I have used about $60 worth of points for free products!

If you are interested in subscribing for yourself, click HERE to receive more information!

If you already subscribe to Birchbox, what was in your box this month??


{note: the opinions in this post are strictly my own and I have in no way been compensated for this review}

Previous reviews:
March 2013February 2013 | January 2013December 2012November 2012 | October 2012 | September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012



 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.