Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 19! {Link Up}

Welcome back for another week of Thankful Thursday! I truly appreciate you all for visiting and linking up your "thankful" posts today!

Today I am thankful for:

* Sleep.  Since switching to this night shift thing with Peyton, everything is backwards, including my sleep schedule.   I sleep during the day while Moira's at school.  It may only be 4-5 hours during that time, which ultimately requires me to sleep for a couple hours in the early evening so I can stay up all night - at least try to anyway!!  But I have to say that the quality of sleep I get in that 4-5 hours is by far better than the sometimes less than 4 hours of sleep I was getting at night when I was on a normal "day shift" schedule.


* Coffee.  This kind of goes hand in hand with the point above.  Generally speaking, by 3:30am, I've got my first cup in hand.

* For an awesome small group.  My church is wrapping up a series called "Make Room".  It's all based on the premise that "You can't make God move in your life, but you can make room for Him to move."    At the start of this series, the church challenged everyone to become involved in a small group.  Our pastor put a call out for 1,000 people to host small groups in their homes.  They created a curriculum with a dvd and study guide books.  Group leaders were equipped and sent forth to host small groups which accompanied the in-church series.  Each week, we discussed various ways in which we can make room for God to move in our lives: simply making room for God, making room for relationships, for miracles, for rest, for generosity, and for mission.  The series in church has been incredible but the small group we led has been amazing as well.  We've never led one, but we wanted to be a part of one. We couldn't necessarily commit to a specific day of the week, so we were flexible in our group.  It has been wonderful getting to know the people in our group.  We truly enjoyed it, but, as they say - all good things must come to an end.  Or do they??

You see, the point of this is that we should be involve in community and that these small groups were intended to be a starting point for many of us who were, perhaps, not involved in groups prior to this series.  We were given the tools to lead a group.  We did.  That "official" series is over, but this is really just the beginning.  I'm thankful for our group time, but I am more thankful that it seems like we will be continuing to meet as a group.  We just need to figure out what our next step is in terms of what to study together.  I'm really excited about that!

* For the opportunity to help out another adoptive family.  I met Rebekah through worship choir at church.  She and her husband are in the process of adopting a child.  I have an online Scentsy party set up right now as a fundraiser for their adoption.  I will be donating my commissions to their family's adoption fund.  I know that this family would gratefully appreciate your consideration of helping their family raise the funds to bring their child home, so if you would like to purchase something to help support them, you can buy from this link HERE.


What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four


i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made | Our Journey | Grace Alone... | Six By the Bay | Women Taking a Stand

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.