Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 17! {Link Up}

Welcome back for another week of Thankful Thursday!  If you are new to my blog, let me explain.  "Thankful Thursday" is based on the concept that there is much in life to be thankful for - each and every day.  It's the one day a week that I set aside to specifically give thanks, while also providing a place for you to link up your own posts sharing what you are thankful for!  I truly appreciate you all for visiting and linking up your "thankful" posts today!

Today I am thankful for:

*  A trip to the ER with Peyton which, while challenging in and of itself, resulted in being all for naught.  I will also say that I am extremely grateful to our neighbor who was able to watch Moira at the drop of a hat while we went to the hospital with Peyton.  It turned into a several hour ordeal and this sweet lady offered to turn Moira's extended play date into a sleepover.  We were just so relieved that we didn't have to worry about Moira and that she didn't have to spend all those hours at the ER with us.  That wouldn't have been fun for anyone.


*  Peyton had a follow up visit to the Orthopedist for her leg, foot, and wrist fractures specifically.  We were fully expecting the splints to come off and casts to go on.  Not the case!  The doctor felt she was healing well enough to where she could have the splints removed...period.  No casts!!



*  The fact that one of Peyton's nebulizer medications was finally delivered.  LONG story short - it's a multi-thousand dollar a month medication which was pulled out of regular pharmacies and we're forced to use a specialty mail order pharmacy {one which I used when I was pregnant with Peyton 7 years ago and disliked immensely back then}.  My "love" for this company has been rekindled this past week.  In the spirit of keeping this a positive "thankful" item, I am very grateful to finally have this on hand once again.  We don't know what it is about this med that helps Peyton, but we know that when she doesn't have it, she gets worse.  Just a couple days off this med and we could see a difference.

*  We paid off our car last week!  This is certainly a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.  While we've still got a little ways to go in the "freedom from debt" department, you can imagine how ridding yourself of a car payment might help to create a bigger dent in the rest of the bills!  Excited about this!

*  Last night was First Wednesday at church.  I absolutely love this service.  I look forward to it each month.  Peyton was in the hospital the first Wednesday of February, so I was really looking forward to being there this time.  It wasn't just a typical amazing First Wednesday.  They were doing a live recording last night, so it was even more amazing and spirit filled!


*  After the time of worship music, there was a message given by one of our pastors.  As is typical with our Sunday services, there is a period of more reflective music as we enter into our "response time".  This is a time where we can do one or more of several things: receive prayer from one of our prayer teams, take communion, pin a note to a large cross {symbolic of being something in our lives that we are turning over to God}, and lighting a candle.  



I always light a candle.  There are always needs in my life for prayer, whether the needs are for myself or for another person.  There is always a reason to light a candle.  I have several needs right now.  As I light the candles, I say a prayer in my heart for the specific needs.  I pray for Peyton mostly, but always for both of my daughters. One candle is always for them.  I then light a second candle for another need.


Every once in a while, I find there's another need that needs to be given to the Lord.  Such is the case now.  I returned later to light a candle for this need.


I am grateful to belong to such an incredible church - to be part of an amazing church family.

*  In keeping with the church theme, I am so grateful for my Sisterhood women's group and for our new small group that meets in our home.  I'm thankful to be part of these groups and for the people that God has placed in my life through these groups.

What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four


i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made | Our Journey | Grace Alone... | Six By the Bay

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.