Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nine Years

Time just doesn't seem to slow down at all, does it?  Here we are, another 10th of March.  Our 9th since Moira was born.  I cannot believe that I have a nine year old girl now!  Where did those years go?  

As I began writing this, it struck me that this is Moira's 5th birthday being celebrated in Charleston, SC.  She only had 4 in Houston, TX where she was born.  She's now celebrated more birthdays here than in Texas!  In fact, I was just thinking about how long it has been since we moved here in 2008.  Moira spent 4 years and 5 months living in Houston.  She's spent 4 years and 7 months in Charleston.  It's funny, though, how quickly the early years of childhood are forgotten.  Most of Moira's Texas memories are based on trips back to Texas since moving to South Carolina.

At age 9, Moira is in 3rd grade.  She is so smart.  She loves reading.  She gets up early in the morning to do her homework for the following day so she has more time to play when she gets home from school.  She loves Minecraft, a game which I will never understand. I have no idea why it's so popular.  I don't get the fascination.  But she loves it.  When she is not drawing, she is creating {on paper} ideas for modules that she wishes she could create for Minecraft!  Perhaps we have a future programmer on our hands.

Here we are entering Moira's tenth year.  At the end of this next year, my little girl will be "double digits".  That is a scary thought!

Here are some images of Moira from the past year:




 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.