Friday, February 1, 2013

New Month, New Look

Welcome!!

Can you believe we're in a new month already?  Where did January go?

As we enter into yet another new month, I've decided to make a few changes around here.  I have truly loved the blog design that I have had up since November 2011 {that's got to be some kind of record for me}, but I feel like it was time for a change.  I was becoming restless with it.  I first changed the background color and all my "social media" icons.  That made me happy for a little bit.  That color, though, it just wasn't doing it for me.  I wanted to simplify things and clean things up.

I recently designed a new blog which chronicles my daughter's on-going chronic health struggles.  It was my first attempt at a blog design.  It was hard.  It's a simple design, but it was challenging.  It added to my restlessness over this space.  I desired a change.  So I made those few little changes and it seemed to satisfy me a little.  I learned a few things in the process as well, so it was all good.  Yet as I continued day after day to sit and look at my laptop screen, my dissatisfaction grew.  I knew I needed to make more changes.

I'm not sure what came over me last night, but I sat down with my laptop in the morning and I spent all day researching, designing, and emailing my husband for his input on different ideas I had.  The night prior, I had already begun to mess around with the background color, polling my twitter followers on their background color preferences.  White seemed to be preferred, but some liked the pop of color.  I opted for a little color.  I actually researched hexidecimal color patterns and found my now current background color to be the lightest possible shade in the family of the darker color I changed to a couple weeks ago, without going all the way to a white background.

Then the real work began.  Designing the header.  The labels below the header.  The sidebar labels.  I won't tell you how many hours it took me to get that header and row of labels at the top correct.  Blogger doesn't like to center things at the top of your blog, did you know??  That was fun to sort out.  But I did.  I had also learned in doing Peyton's blog how to do a custom font for your post title, so I went through that process again with my own blog.

I've still got a little ways to go before everything is completed {like designing new blog buttons and post divider}, but here it is - my newly designed blog!  I hope you enjoy your stay here and I look forward to having you back!

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.