Monday, February 4, 2013

Most Memorable Super Bowl Moment

It was February 1, 2004.  Location: Houston, Texas.

Not only was the Super Bowl being played in Houston, but we were living in Houston.  There was so much hype with the game being hosted just blocks from the downtown office building in which I worked.

The Patriots would defeat the Panthers 32-29 in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

It was the day the world became intimately familiar was the phrase "wardrobe malfunction".

I was pregnant with my daughter Moira.  She would be born five weeks early on March 10, 2004.  I was quite pregnant.  Quite hormonal.  Quite emotional.

It was the year of the little donkey.  All he wanted to be was a Budweiser Clydesdale.



As I am not much of a football fan, I can probably fairly safely say that this will forever be one of my most memorable Super Bowl memories.   The year I wept uncontrollably on the couch as I watched this little donkey attempt to live out his dream.

And then this year they came out with a new ad:



Do you have a favorite Super Bowl memory?  Or maybe it's just a memory that came out of one of your intensely hormonal / emotional pregnancies??  Do share.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who who has done this!!
 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.