Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Feeling Helpless - Into The Word Wednesdays - v 21

You may or may not know that my daughter Peyton is back in the hospital.  I wrote about that on her blog yesterday.  You can read that post here.  I am feeling weary.  Before we left for the ER {and a little on the way}, I was in tears.  It is so heartbreaking to see your child this sick.  It's not just the sickness.  Peyton is in incredible pain.  For whatever reason, yesterday her hips and shoulder were in excruciating pain.  She's on pain meds on a regular basis, but they just aren't cutting it right now.  We give her more.  It doesn't make a difference.  So when I was getting her ready to go, all the movement was causing her pain level to go through the roof.


There is so much going on with Peyton.  It's likely that whatever is going on with her health right now is not an illness so much as it is a decline in her overall status.  That is painful to see.  It breaks my heart and it leaves me wondering how I am supposed to pray for her.  "How" as in what direction my prayers are supposed to take.  After all, this is a six year old child, not an elderly person who has lived a full life.  How do you pray for full and perfect healing for a child without feeling incredible amounts of guilt??  In what form should I pray for her healing to occur?  Or do I just pray for her to be pain-free and comfortable?

I feel lost.  I feel helpless.

But a friend shared a scripture with me yesterday.  It helps to ease some of the burden I have placed on myself.


And, so, I will continue to pray for her and let God decide the direction of those prayers.  He knows her best and He knows what is best for her.  I will trust in Him that He knows what He is doing.

That said, it still really stinks to watch your child in this state.

~~~~~

I would LOVE it if you linked up with a post about what God is showing you in the Word, or in your life. Please also stop by and see what God has been teaching my beautiful co-hosts this week: 


Becky at Tales of Beauty for Ashes
Kelly at The Houtz House Party
Falen at Upward Not Inward 
Kelly at Exceptionalistic


Into the Word Wednesday Blog Hop Rules:
1. Write a post about what God is teaching you this week.
2.  Follow the host and hostess. 
3. Grab a button to put on your blog - the more the merrier!
4. Check out (and comment) other people's blogs and be blessed by all the sisters and brothers around the world!


Into The Word Wednesdays

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.