Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 2013 Birchbox: A Review

I received my February Birchbox today!  I am excited to share it with you!  Nothing brightens up a hospital room like one of these little pink boxes:


My daughter has been in the hospital twice in the past week with only 48 hours separating the two visits.  We're still there, so it's the little things that brighten my day.  Like my Birchbox.  I was pretty impressed with my January box, so I was excited to see what I'd receive in the February box.  The theme of the month is:



The card inside the box states "We've tapped experts from the hair, beauty, and fashion worlds to help you feel ready to conquer your personal red carpet - whether that's a big work presentation or your best friend's wedding."  I opened the box in anticipation.



Here's what was in my February Birchbox: 











Jouer | Matte Moisture Tint - I seem to recall receiving something similar by Jouer in one of the boxes I received early on in my Birchbox subscription.  Back then, the color was just not even close to what I would select for myself.  However, this moisture tint is perfect.  I really like it.  It's an SPF 15 and it is meant to "even out skin and control shine."

Rating: A {would buy it...but I'd use Birchbox points to do it since it's a little expensive}
Full Price: $38.00


Juicy Couture | Couture La La - I feel like I'm getting a lot of Juicy Couture samples.  To be honest, they all pretty much smell the same to me.  I've received other brands and I have liked all the perfume samples to one degree or another.  But this particular brand all seems about the same.

Rating: C+ {just not that into this brand of perfume + it's expensive!!!} 
Full Price: $19.00 {1.7 oz} - 90.00 {3.4 oz}


TIGI | Catwalk Session Series Transforming Dry Shampoo - Another dry shampoo!  I'm kind of excited because I've still not tried the other brand's sample from a box or two ago.  This is a huge sample, which is great.  It's the first thing I noticed when I opened the box.  This is something that will be perfect in my go-bag for hospital trips with my daughter.  Yes, sadly I do know there will be more.  Great sample!

Rating: A+ {would definitely buy}
Full Price: $19.95

Vasanti | Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - Well, the fact that this item is out of stock as I write this is probably a good sign of it being a good product!  It's like a microdermabrasion treatment in a little bottle.  It feels gentle on the skin.  I'm excited to try this one!  It's probably not something I'd routinely buy, but if it's good enough, I might consider using my points for it!

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive}
Full Price: $34.00

Lastly, there's the little "Treat" that was included in my box.  It was a Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel Square.  Personally, I would have loved a fifth styling or beauty product sample.  That said, I am a chocoholic, so I can't say no to this sample.  I have had these before and they are awesome!


~~~~~


If you are interested in Birchbox, it's $10 a month for the subscription.  You earn 10 points for every $10 spent.  When you've spent $100, you earn $10 to use in their shop!  You can earn points shopping in their shop as well.  Also, you can earn points by referring friends! To date, I have used about $60 worth of points for free products!

If you are interested in subscribing for yourself, click HERE to receive more information!

If you already subscribe to Birchbox, what was in your box this month??


{note: the opinions in this post are strictly my own and I have in no way been compensated for this review}

Previous reviews:
January 2013December 2012November 2012 | October 2012 | September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012

 photo signature_zps058cf4af.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.