Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Daniel Fast - Day 16 Devotional

Today's Day 16 devotional is coming from YouVersion's 21 Day Fast reading plan.  Each day you will find devotional content as well as scripture readings for the day.  The scripture for Day 16 is Psalm 27.  If you are looking for my Thankful Thursday post, you can find it HERE.

If we were to go back to the beginning of this time and fasting, one of the things that I shared with you was that the ultimate goal of the fast is to be seeking a deeper, more intimate relationship with God Himself.  We may have very specific needs for which we have been praying fervently over the past couple of weeks.  It is through this time that we have been learning to lean on God in this area of our lives and making our best efforts at forging a relationship unlike any we have had with Him before.  Psalm 27 hits right at the heart of that, and that made me pretty excited!

"Hear me as I pray, O Lord.  Be merciful and answer me!  My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me.'  And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming.'"  {Psalm 27:7-8}

This relationship building time of prayer and fasting is not one-sided.  God is inviting you in!  He desires that you come to Him and talk to Him!  He wants to listen to your heart and to know you.  He is never going to abandon you.  That promise cannot be made by all earthly parents, but God can and does promise you that!  He wants you to come to Him with every detail of our lives.  He wants to show you how to live righteously.  We just need to ask!

"Teach me how to live, O Lord.  Lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me."  {v 11}

We know that the enemy does not want us to achieve success in the area of our relationship with God.  We must pray to God that we will know the right path and have the strength and the will to follow it - and the wisdom to seek His forgiveness when we falter.

Pray that you will desire only Him and for the ability to seek only Him.  I hope and pray that you all are finding Him and seeing Him in many ways during your fast.

If you are doing a fast right now, how is it going for you?  What are your major challenges right now?  What are you learning so far?  Do you have any advice to share on how to get through the difficult moments of the fast?  I'd love to hear!

I will be sharing devotionals such as this and other ideas to help you through this journey.  If you are reading a bible plan or devotional during this fast, what are you learning?  I would love it if we could share our insights so that we can be a support to each other during this time.  Link up below and grab a button while you're at it!



Daniel Fast 2013

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.