Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Daniel Fast - Day 15 Devotional

You're 2/3 of the way through!!  Did you think you'd make it this far??

Today's Day 15 devotional is coming from YouVersion's 21 Day Fast reading plan.  Each day you will find devotional content as well as scripture readings for the day.  The scripture for Day 15 is Psalm 51.

This Psalm is about a repentant heart.  The psalmist is seeking forgiveness from God who is loving, merciful and forgiving.

"Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me - now let me rejoice.  Don't keep looking at my sins.  Remove the stain of my guilt.  Create in me a clean heart, O God.  Renew a loyal spirit within me."  {Psalm 51:8-10}

For many of us during this time of prayer and fasting, we are coming to the Lord with repentant hearts.  We are seeking a change in our lives so that we may draw closer to Him.  We know that we need to rid ourselves of our ways which are not His ways.  We know we need to be more like his Son so that we can draw closer to Him as well.

It's not just about seeking forgiveness.  It's about desiring a renewed spirit.  We all want to be refreshed and renewed, don't we?  We desire that the burdens of our life are lifted, but we desire that the burden be replaced with a newness - a joyful heart.  As the psalm goes on, we see that it isn't just about forgiving the sins we have committed.  It is about changing our hearts so that we don't repeat those sins.  We know God is forgiving, but if we aren't learning anything out of our experiences and just keep repeating old ways, it is not going to do much to help us grow closer to Him.

The devotional content for today's reading says:

"Ask God to search you and begin to shin a light on all the dark corners of your heart.  Ask Him to use this last week to refine you and cleanse you."

If you are doing a fast right now, how is it going for you?  What are your major challenges right now?  What are you learning so far?  Do you have any advice to share on how to get through the difficult moments of the fast?  I'd love to hear!

I will be sharing devotionals such as this and other ideas to help you through this journey.  If you are reading a bible plan or devotional during this fast, what are you learning?  I would love it if we could share our insights so that we can be a support to each other during this time.  Link up below and grab a button while you're at it!



Daniel Fast 2013

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.