Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 8!






Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  This is a weekly link up I've been hosting on my blog for quite a while now.  I feel like it is so important to give thanks throughout the year - not just when there is a designated holiday for doing so.  In fact, it's important to give thanks each day - for all things and in all situations.  That's what this link up is all about, and I hope you'll join in by sharing your "thankful" posts!



If you have been reading my blog the past few days, you will know that I have been preparing to enter into a 21 day period of fasting with my church.  The fast began last night after our First Wednesday at church.  I am very thankful for this time.  I know that the fasting part will have its challenges, but I am grateful for the opportunity to regain my focus on what is truly important - my relationship with God.  If you are interested in following along yourself or finding out more about the Daniel Fast, you can click here.  


It seems like it wouldn't be a normal month if there weren't some sot of nursing drama.  True to form, we are kicking off the new year down another nurse.  She was a 40-hour-a-week nurse, so it's a big hit to our schedule.  She was actually going to be leaving town in a few weeks anyway, but circumstances made it to where her departure from this placement was hastened.  In addition to this, Peyton has been experiencing a time of extreme pain and difficulty with her hip dysplasia.  Her pain and suffering has brought me to tears many times recently.  It has caused me not to question God Himself, but just to wonder how he could have a greater purpose for her suffering.  I am not thankful at all for her suffering.  I would give anything to take her suffering on myself if it would give her some peace, but I know I can't.  I'm not excited to be having to be orienting new nurses for Peyton...again.  What I do know is that God has a purpose and a plan and even in times such as these, He will use our circumstances - the good and the bad - together for His good.  For that I am thankful. 


I am thankful for you today!  Thankful that you have stopped by - to read or to share.  Whatever brought you here, I am thankful that you are here.

What are you thankful for today?

~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

Featured At The Fontenot Four


i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.