Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 11!

Welcome back for another week of Thankful Thursday! I truly appreciate you all for visiting and linking up your "thankful" posts today!

Today I am thankful for:

*  Moira had a couple great things happen this week.  First of all, we attended the 3rd Grade awards ceremony on Friday.  She received an award for making the "A" Honor Roll.  When I posted on facebook that she made A Honor Roll, I was corrected for my bad grammar, so I am now saying here that it is the "A" honor roll!  So proud of her academic achievements.  She also did her second ever powerpoint presentation for school!  Isn't that crazy??  Powerpoint.  She's 8!  She did a great job on it too.

*  Second, we had a great experience on the weekend.  At the awards ceremony, I ran into the mom of Moira's boyfriend {as much as a 3rd grader can have a boyfriend!}.  Turns out that he needs play dates as much as Moira does.  Moira really doesn't socialize much outside of school.  Part of it is our totally abnormal family dynamics because of Petyon.  But we have never really made it into that "play date" circle.  We set up a date for Sunday afternoon at the park.  We met up after church.  It was our family {Ron, Moira and myself} and their family {parents and both sons}.  We had a great time and I can't wait to get together with them again!

*  I did my first ever blog design.  In addition to tweaking a few things on this blog, I did a whole blog design...by. my. self.  I shared that I had set up a new blog for Peyton and that it's been under construction while I copy and paste old posts from CaringBridge into it.  The design that was up was temporary.  This week I had a night where I did not sleep at all.  Since I was literally up all night, I decided to be productive and so I looked at a lot of tutorials and used my limited blog design smarts and put it all together.  Here's a preview, but you can check out the full design HERE.  What do you think?


*  I am also thankful to Brooke at Covered In Grace.  She recently became a consultant for Scentsy and I decided to host a party through her.  She sent me some samples and I am in love!!!  I needs this for my home!!!  My online party is running RIGHT NOW through January 30th.  You can find out more about Scentsy as well as place your orders right HERE.





*  I'm thankful to be trying to be a healthier version of me.  My weight loss is slow.  I was disappointed this week when I only lost 0.2 lb.  But...it was still a loss.  I didn't gain.  When I got home from the weigh-in, I immediately went for a 15 minute brisk walk.  I would have walked longer, but I had to get home.  I'll be doing that more often.



What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four


i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.