Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 10!

Welcome back for another week of Thankful Thursday! I truly appreciate you all for visiting and linking up your "thankful" posts today!  I apologize if you came to my blog early this morning and did not find this link up!  I had a ocular migraine last night.  It's really hard to type a post when you have swirly things in your field of vision and you can't see what you're typing!  But I am here now!

Today I am thankful for:

*  Date night!  Yes...Ron and I actually had a date night last Friday!  We went to see Lincoln.  I thought it was excellent.  Ron thought it was quite good, but I don't think he thought it was "excellent".  Then again, I have a degree hanging in my hallway - Bachelor of Arts - received after majoring in History with a primary focus on Canada and the U.S.

*  I am very thankful for CaringBridge.  It has allowed me to keep friends and family up to date on the latest news on my daughter Peyton.  However, I've found that it's just not the best platform for when someone's medical condition goes on and on for years {she is 6.5 years old and I've been keeping up her CaringBridge place since she was about 1 year old}.  The functionality I need just isn't there - archives, search options, etc.  That is why I created a new blog for Peyton.  It's called "Perfectly Peyton" and you can find it over HERE.  This is a child who needs so much prayer.  I would love your prayers for her.  You can feel free to share her site with friends, family, church groups....wherever!  Her overall condition has been declining and we just really need prayers to get her through this awful flu season {and in general}.  She's had a rough past few weeks.

*  I think I've shared that I belong to an amazing church.  One of the things I love about our church is our worship leaders.  I love the music.  I love listening to them play and sing.  We have an incredibly talented group who have written a lot of music in-house that we sing regularly in church.  One of our worship leaders, Martin Chalk, recently had incredible news that the church has now been sharing all over the place.  If you are at all familiar with Christian music, then you must know Chris Tomlin.  If you don't...you need to!  Chris Tomlin just released an album called Burning Lights.  On that album, there is a song called Sovereign.  Our Martin Chalk wrote that song!!  I couldn't be prouder, but the song....oh, the song....you have to take a listen.  It is awesome!



Martin Chalk singing "Do You Hear What I Hear" at our Christmas service.
*  I am also thankful that Ron and I have really taken an active step towards a healthier life by joining Weight Watchers.  I've lost 2.4 pounds and he's lost 5 in the first official week.  You can track my progress by looking at this widget over there on my left sidebar.



What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!



Featured At The Fontenot Four


i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.