Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On the Road To Recovery

This nasty GI bug hit our house nearly one week ago.  First Moira {Thursday}, then me {Sunday}, then Ron {Tuesday}.  Moira's better!  I am past the worst, but I'm still not 100%.  Feeling nauseous at times.  I've attempted a little much-needed laundry today.  That first trip up the stairs to put away a huge pile of towels nearly killed me, so I grabbed a hold of the door, closed my eyes, breathed, and waited it out.  Then I sat at the top of the stairs, head in hands, for a few minutes.

Then I resumed my couch-sitting for a while.  Put on some HGTV and watched these real estate shows where experts come in to renovate a home to the couple's wish-list specifications, while the other expert shows them home after home, showing them what their money could get them if they wanted to move out of their existing home into a home that already met their specifications.  HGTV has multiple shows on this theme.  Watch all day long, you'll see them all.  In a nutshell, it is amazing how greedy, dissatisfied, and impossible to please some people are despite experts giving them the best possible options for their money. So sorry you don't want that hazardous gas line rerouted so it doesn't eat into your finished basement budget.  I guess you would rather have your house explode!  And heaven forbid we solve that problem water seeping through your foundation.  I guess you won't get that completely revamped kitchen.  Do these people not realize that even if they wanted to sell their house, they'd likely have to fix these problems or pay money to the potential buyer to have it fixed??

I could write a whole post on that issue.  Maybe I will.  Discontent and dissatisfaction with all the things in life that we've come to feel entitled to.  Read a letter from a Compassion sponsor child someday, and that'll put things into perspective for you!

Anyway...I was talking about how I was feeling a little better...

Today was our weigh-in day at Weight Watchers.  I was pretty sure I'd have a decent weigh-in this week considering the past few days I've had.  Little did I know that I'd be down 6.6 lbs for the week!!  9.2 lbs overall.  Now, I recognize that as I begin to feel better, it's possible that I may gain some of that back before my weigh-in next Wednesday, but if I can put a positive spin on a GI bug, I guess this little jump start to my weight loss is it.

Ron and I decided to grab a bite to eat.  He's feeling better than I am, but isn't 100% himself.  Neither of us has eaten much the past couple days.  I've had no solid food, save one piece of toast, since Sunday.  After we weighed in, we went to a new favorite restaurant.  I knew I wouldn't be able to eat much, but I knew I had to try.  I have been feeling really dizzy and out of sorts today.  Part of it is the bug.  Part of it is highly likely the not eating since Sunday thing.  So, we ordered our "usual" {photo from a previous visit}:


We brought most of our food home.  I did explain to the waitress, who now recognizes us as their new regulars, that this was our first real food in days.  It was so good.  I'm still not sure if my stomach agrees.  That part of me that needed food is happy, but I'll be careful not to overdo it - at all - for the next little while.

I attempted a little more laundry when we got home.  I made up Moira's bed and hung up some clothes.  Then I came back down and returned to my observation of underprivileged yet impossible to please homeowners.

How has your day been? 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.