Monday, January 14, 2013

January 2013 Birchbox - A Review

I received my January Birchbox today!  I am excited to share it with you!  I think it's a pretty good one.  We'll see if you agree.

The theme of January's box was "Best Year Ever".  On the card enclosed in the box, it says:

"...we're heading into 2013 with the personal goal of making it the best year ever...We have plenty of ideas for maximizing your individual happiness -- you'll find 25 of them on the fold-out poster included in your box."

Some of the suggestions on the fold-out poster include:

Four: get cozy with SPF - ease into the daily sunscreen bit with a won't-even-know-it's-there moisturizer like Caudalie Vinexpert Radiance Day Cream SPF 15.

Eight: take your time - spend an extra 14 minutes getting ready.  Play with a new hairstyle, put on eyeshadow, or even put on a face mask.

From simple lifestyle changes to beauty tips, Birchbox has you covered with 25 personal goals.  It's a neat little insert in the box.  Of course, they promote several products throughout, but that's all part of the fun of it!

Here's what was in my January Birchbox: 







alessandro | Nail Polish in Blue Lagoon - I have to say that I like the color a lot.  I will also say that it is a whole lot darker than what I would normally wear, but I still like it.  The sample size is perfect for me because I don't generally wear nail polish a lot, so this should last me a while!

Rating: A {would buy it...but it's a little dark}
Full Price: $12.00

Harvey Prince | Skinny Chic - Another month, another perfume sample to try.  They like sending me perfume samples.  I do like this scent though.  It's an "optimistic blend of juicy Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, and pink plumeria."  The full price version is actually among the cheaper perfumes that I have sampled, but as I have said before, I really don't have a line item in my budget for perfumes.

Rating: B+ {like it but may or may not buy}
Full Price: $21.00 - $55.00

Ojon | damage reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum - "Exotic ojon and macadamia oils work together to smooth and hydrate hair."  This product will allegedly help tame the frizzies.  I'm very curious about this.  I don't have horribly frizzy hair, but after blowdrying, it's nice to have my hair lie flat, so I'm excited to try this.

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive}
Full Price: $25.00 {1.7 fl oz}
theBalm cosmetics | Put a Lid On It Eyelid Primer - Second month in a row to receive a theBalm cosmetic product.  I enjoyed the last one, so I think I'll enjoy this one too!  "Keep that pretty eye shadow crease-free with this stay-put primer, which also prevents smudges and smears."  Excited to try this!

Rating: A+ {would definitely buy}
Full Price: $18.00

Last but not least, we have the "Beauty Extra".  This month I received Fresh | Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream.  I'm interested in trying this.  The packaging certainly is nice.  It sounds refreshing.  According to the packaging, it is "Proven to improve elasticity and radiance.  Proven to provide 24 hours of significant moisture."  I'll give it a shot, but it's a little pricey!

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive...if it works!}
Full Price: $42.00 {1.7 oz/50 ml}

There you have it!  I think the January Birchbox looks like a hit!  It's got a nice selection of products including things that I wouldn't think to buy myself ordinarily.

If you are interested in Birchbox, it's $10 a month for the subscription.  You earn 10 points for every $10 spent.  When you've spent $100, you earn $10 to use in their shop!  You can earn points shopping there.   You can also earn points through referrals!  You get 50 points for each referral you make!  To date, I have used over $100 worth of points for free products!  The points have enabled me to buy some of the products I have previously reviewed but which were out of my price range, and also some products which I haven't reviewed but I love and wouldn't normally spend the money on!


~~~~~

If you are interested in subscribing for yourself, click HERE to receive more information!
If you already subscribe to Birchbox, what was in your box this month??
{note: the opinions in this post are strictly my own and I have in no way been compensated for this review}

Previous reviews:
December 2012 | November 2012 | October 2012 | September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.