Friday, January 25, 2013

Firmoo.com : A Review

I was recently contacted by an online optical store called Firmoo.com about receiving a pair of either prescription or non-prescription eyeglasses in exchange for a review.  While I had just had my eyes examined and purchased a new pair of specs through my optometrist's office, I thought why not??  I thought it would be handy to have a back-up pair of glasses in case anything ever happened to the others.  I cannot see well without wearing either glasses or contact lenses, so I naturally decided to go the prescription eyeglass route with this program through Firmoo.com.

I browsed the selection of frames on Firmoo.com for quite some time before a decision was made.  I will say that the selection I had to choose from for review purposes was a smaller sampling than what the general public would find by visiting Firmoo.com, which made it a little more of a challenge for me.  It was a pretty good selection but all of the frames were a "heavier" frame than what I'm normally used to wearing.  My frames tend to be a more "delicate" frame.  I can be somewhat of a creature of habit, but I decided to go out on a limb and do something totally out of character for me.

Here is what I chose:
Source: Firmoo.com
I have never worn glasses remotely close to this style.  But, do you know what??  Change is good!!  Read through the review.  There's a great offer at the end!!


So here's what I think of Firmoo.com:  

* While my selection was sizeable, it seemed to me that the entire collection on their website is far bigger.  What does this mean for you?  It means that you have an incredible number of options, whether you are male or female.  They also offer a variety of specialty options including reading glasses, computer glasses, bifocals, and prescription sunglasses!

*  It seemed like there were a lot of black frames.  I know that black frames do not suit me.  That said, many of the frames come in multiple colors.  You just have to take a close look and you'll find options to suit your taste.


*  I have to say that the selection of glasses at Firmoo.com is extremely reasonably priced.  The pair that I chose lists for $23.00 and that includes 1.50 single vision lenses!  $23.00!  When I purchased my glasses at my optometrist's office, they were covered by insurance and I can tell you that even though I kept the frames to within the covered amount, when all was said and done after adding on lenses, my cost out of pocket was quite a bit higher than $23.00.  I will definitely be going the online route next time I am in need of new glasses!

*  Extremely low prices which include the lenses means that it makes it possible for the average person to purchase glasses to coordinate with any outfit, season, or mood!  I might just be considering another pair or two myself!  Oh, and in case you are wondering how you're going to know how you'll look in your new specs if you are buying them online, they have a virtual try on experience.  You upload a picture and it will place an image of the frames on your face.  It's not perfect, but it gives you a pretty good idea.  I nixed a few options because of this virtual try on system.


*  I have to say that the low price of the glasses had me a little nervous about the quality of the glasses.  I like to be able to see things in person.  Were they going to be flimsy?  Were they going to feel like they were "quality" frames?  I was impressed.  My eyeglasses are made of plastic.  Of course, with any plastic frames, you'll want to be careful with them.  The hinges did not feel flimsy at all.



*  But how are the lenses going to compare to the ones I bought through my optometrist??  I was totally willing to participate in this review offer, but having never purchased glasses online, I was skeptical.  You needn't be with Firmoo.com.  You will require your current prescription {if you're going the prescription route} when you place your order.  You shouldn't have a problem obtaining that from your optometrist.  The one little hiccup in this deal is that you will need to know your PD.  What's a PD??  Yeah, I didn't know either.  It's your Pupillary Distance.  I clicked on the drop down box and there were all these numbers and I had no clue what they were.  PD is the measurement {in millimeters} from your left pupil to your right.  I asked my eye doctor if they could provide me with this number.  I got a resounding NO.  The prescription I got without a problem.  But they would not provide the PD.  Apparently it is a liability issue.  Who knew.  Don't worry, though.  Firmoo.com has an easy tutorial to follow.  I did it myself.


*  Ordering is very easy.  Once I was informed that my glasses were on their way, it was four days from being shipped to being delivered - and they were coming from Shanghai.


So, why should you buy your next pair from Firmoo.com?  Aside from all the great things mentioned above, they have an amazing offer just for you!!  Let me tell you about their first pair free program!!  Yes, you read that right.  This offer is for new customers only and it is limited to one pair.  The glasses include 1.50 index single vision lenses.  All you need to do is pay the shipping!  Concerned about shipping rates?  Don't be.  You can find out more information here and here.  Since your satisfaction is guaranteed, there's no risk to you!

I totally recommend Firmoo.com for your next purchase of prescription or non-prescription eyewear!

{Note: I was invited to review this product in exchange for the eyeglasses shown.  While I did receive the eyeglasses as compensation, the opinions in this review are my own.}

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.