Friday, January 18, 2013

Fab Five Friday #1

Today I am doing something new {to me}!  If you are looking for my Day 17 Daniel Fast Devotional, you can find that HERE.  For this post, however, I am linking up with Falen and Laura over at Upward Not Inward for Fab Five Friday.  What is Fab Five Friday?  It's a link up where people can share the great things that have happened during their week.  Five things.  They may come easily for some and not so easily for others.  Or you might bounce back and forth.  The point is, is that if you look hard enough, it's pretty likely some great stuff has happened during your week!

Here are my five things:

1.  I've lost weight!  I began doing a Daniel Fast at the beginning of the month.  Now, I will clarify that the point of the fast is not to lose weight.  That isn't the focus.  That said, there is a nice side benefit to the fast, which is...losing weight.  At the beginning of the year, I was just about the highest weight I've been outside of pregnancy.  In order to keep accountability and move towards a healthier lifestyle, my husband and I joined Weight Watchers a little over a week ago.  My official Weight Watchers weight is down 2.4 lbs!  However, I lost about 3 lbs prior to joining, so I am down {unofficially} roughly 5-6 lbs from the beginning of the year.  I'm excited about this.  I need to do this.


2.  I made another Etsy sale last night!  I have a shop on Etsy containing knitted items {winter headbands, coffee sleeves, etc.}.  I recently added some digital scripture prints just for fun.  I haven't sold any of those, and my shop isn't hugely popular.  However, this fall and winter season have been busier than last and I'm excited about that.  I expected sales to drop after Christmas, but I've had 5 or 6, so I'm excited about that too.  I had a little lull but got a new sale last night from a first time Etsy buyer.  I'm excited about that too.  I always leave feedback for buyers {all good!}, but buyers don't always leave feedback for me.  Recently I have received several emails through Etsy about how pleased buyers were with their purchase.  That always makes my day!  You can find my shop here.  




3.  I know this goes back to last Friday, but this doesn't happen often.  Ron and I were able to have a date night.  It is a very difficult thing to achieve when you have a child who has multiple special needs and who is medically fragile.  We can't just get a babysitter.  We have to have a home nurse who can work a shift late enough to accommodate our plans.  We also have to have a babysitter to watch our other child since the nurse can only work with Peyton.  Everything worked out last Friday.  Ron and I went to see Lincoln.  It was a great evening out.


4.  My daughter Moira.  She is 8 and she is the funniest little girl.  She's pretty darned smart too.  She's been working on a project for school.  It's on animal adaptations.  The kids have to give a presentation and it could be in one of a variety of formats.  She chose to do a powerpoint presentation.  She's 8.  3rd grade.  This is actually her second powerpoint for school this year.  I'm just so proud of her.  Now, as she is 8, her attention span to see it through needs to be worked on, but the project is mostly her work with the exception of some parental help with formatting.  She presents today.  Oh, and it's on the arctic walrus.

5.  For discovering a new restaurant. Oh, did I start this post off with a weight loss item??  Yeah.  It's all good, don't worry!!  If you live in the Charleston, SC area or you plan on visiting, you MUST try Page's Okra Grill.  Do you know that I purposely avoided going there for four and a half years because the restaurant name has the word "okra" in it??  I envisioned a restaurant serving nothing but.  Kind of like that scene in Forrest Gump where Bubba recites the litany of ways in which shrimp can be prepared....only okra.  Wrong!  It is down home Southern cooking.  It was amazing!!  I can't wait to go back.

And now I am off to link up with Upward Not Inward!  Join me??

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.