Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Daily Wisdom Challenge 2013 - Week 2

On January 1, I began my third-ever year long bible study.  Our pastor calls it the Daily Wisdom Challenge {or the "Twitter Bible Study"}.  The purpose is to engage in a reading plan for a year, and post insight from your reading each day, in 140 characters or less!  You can find a reading plan at YouVersion.  This year, I have selected the Historical reading plan which will take me through the entire bible in historical order over the course of one year.

This week I only wrote four little insightful nuggets as opposed to seven {one for each day of the week}.  I am still on track with my reading plan.  I haven't missed any days.  It's just that on the days I did not write something specifically for the daily readings, they were days where the readings were mostly commentaries on family lineage - passages where it's facts rather than wisdom.

Here is what I learned over the past week:

Gen 25:30-32 Be careful what you do in times when you are feeling desperate. One decision could have greater implications than you realize.

Gen 27:41 Do not be surprised when unhappiness results from your deception.

Gen 30:22 God remembers all our trials and challenges. They are not forgotten. He does hear and answer prayer.

Gen 33:3-4 Trust in God when you are fearing an outcome that lies ahead. It may not be as bad as you've made it out to be in your mind.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.