Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Year 2 Week 6!






Welcome to Thankful Thursday!  This is a weekly link up I've been hosting on my blog for quite a while now.  I feel like it is so important to give thanks throughout the year - not just when there is a designated holiday for doing so.  In fact, it's important to give thanks each day - for all things and in all situations.  That's what this link up is all about, and I hope you'll join in by sharing your "thankful" posts!

If you are looking for Day 7 of my 12 Days of Christmas series, you can find that HERE!

I posted this on my facebook the other day:Since our worship band started singing their song You Are With Me, it has held great meaning for me when I put it in the context of what we are going through and what we will go through with Peyton. It has been a great comfort to me every time I hear that song in church, although it usually leaves me in a puddle of tears. Thank you Seacoast Church for the gift of the new cd today. I put the cd on my iTunes/iPhone and played that song for Peyton, putting it up loud and right next to her ear. She has profound hearing loss (basically deaf). She immediately turned her head towards my phone and she just laid there smiling! Talk about #100kgifts!!Yeah...thankful for that.I am also incredibly thankful for health insurance.  I received a phone call from the hospital accounts department.  They were giving me a heads up that our primary insurance has basically denied all the claims associated with Peyton's 17 day hospital stay in October.  Why am I thankful??  Because I know it will get worked out.  I'm sure of that.  Oh, and also because the bill for that stay is somewhere north of $945,000.

I am very thankful this Christmas season to be joining forces with Kelly from Exceptionalistic and Becky from Tales of Beauty for Ashes.  We have been doing a "12 Days of Christmas" series for the past week.  I am just so grateful to be a part of this with them.  You can follow my "12 Days of Christmas 2012" tag HERE {click that link to find all my posts}!  Please feel free to grab this button to help spread the word about this series!
12 Days of Christmas 2012

I think it goes without saying that this week I am so incredibly grateful for my children.  Nearly a week has passed since the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  I haven't written a post specifically on that subject.  I may, but I'm not sure.  I watch the news and I cry.  I think about those sweet little children and their teachers and the horror that they must have endured, and I weep for them and for their families.  There just aren't any words.  I am just so incredibly thankful for each and every day that passes that my children are still here with me and that we aren't having to endure the unimaginable like so many families are right now.  My thoughts and prayers are with them.

If you are in need of healing or prayer, particularly this Christmas season, I highly encourage you to seek it out.  I know that the holidays can be a very difficult time for many.  I will stand with you in prayer if you need me to.

What are you thankful for today?

~~~~~

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


today, i may be linking up with:
Loved & Lovely | Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life | We Heart Life | Lovely Little Whimsy | thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries | A Day In The Life | Gracefully Made

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.