Saturday, December 15, 2012

12 Days of Christmas : Day 2 : Christmas Cookie







Welcome back for Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas series that I am co-hosting with Kelly from Exceptionalistic and Becky from Tales of Beauty for Ashes!  Day 1 was all about our favorite Christmas memories.  You can read all about mine HERE and you can scroll to the end of that post to where all of the link ups are to read everyone else's!

Day 2 is all about our favorite Christmas cookie recipes.  I remember as a child my mother taught me how to make Scottish shortbread from a recipe she had received from a family friend.  I was a quick study and from then on, it was my job each year to make the shortbread.  To this day, it is "my" thing that I do, although I do it in my own home following our new traditions here.  I use the same recipe.  And it is only made at Christmas despite requests to have this delicious treat at other times of the year.  It just wouldn't be "right" to have it an any other time of the year!  To this day, I have never shared this recipe.  So, sadly, you will not be receiving the recipe in this post - but since it is my favorite Christmas cookie, I did want to share them with you!  

Please be sure to go right to the bottom of this post for an opportunity to link up your own cookie recipes or to read the other ones that are linked up!


Doesn't it seem like some of the best things in life begin with butter??
A little bit of this...
A little bit of that...
Mix it all together.


Eventually you will wind up with this shortbread dough.

Turn the dough into a baking pan and spread out filling the entire pan.

This is a vital step to the process!












Fresh from the oven.

Sprinkle with sugar and cut while hot.

Enjoy!
Why, yes, I did leave out some steps in the process in the pictures above!  Trust me, this is a treat that has been enjoyed by many over the years.  It is sooooooo delicious!!

I wonder what kind of process you'd have to go through to actually sell this online??  'Cause I totally would.

Feel free to grab the button below and be sure to link up your posts sharing your own favorite Christmas cookies {with or without recipes included}!

12 Days of Christmas 2012



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.