Friday, December 21, 2012

12 Days of Christmas : Day 8 : Christmas Song


Kelly from Exceptionalistic, Becky from Tales of Beauty for Ashes, and I are now eight days into our 12 Days of Christmas series.  You can follow the tag "12 Days of Christmas 2012" by clicking HERE. Today we are sharing our favorite Christmas song.  Most music that I listen to these days is worship music, so it stands to reason that my favorite holiday song would fall into this category as well.  I grew up in the Catholic church where old hymns were commonplace, particularly around holidays like Christmas and Easter.  I do love some of the old hymns.  Nowadays there are even hymns that I'm finding I rather enjoy which were not part of my church upbringing at all, but were probably more in the Pentecostal churches.  Whatever they were, they weren't in the Catholic churches I went to!

Growing up, we would always attend midnight Mass.  Standard hymns at the service would be Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful, and Joy To The World.  Heck, we'd even throw in some Latin verses for good measure.  I loved it then - and I still do.


The church I attend now is an interdenominational church.  It is far from the traditional hymn-singing church I grew up in.  That is the case on so many levels, but I'll stick with music for the purpose of this post!  The worship music we sing in my church today is stuff you'd hear on most Christian radio stations.  It's contemporary.  It's relateable.  There is definitely slow, reflective, prayerful music in church, but the upbeat songs are really upbeat.  I LOVE IT.


So...it stands to reason today that my favorite Christmas song is Fee's All Creation Sing {Joy To The World}, which combines the old standard with modern upbeat music.  Click below to have a listen.  Enjoy!!





Feel free to grab the button below and be sure to link up your posts sharing your own favorite Christmas memories!  Don't forget to enter our giveaway which we posted on Day 5!


12 Days of Christmas 2012





Here's what we have coming up in our series so you can plan to share your posts in the days ahead:


12/22: Christmas Creations: last minute Pinterest-inspired gifts
12/23: Christmas Future: new tradition to put into place next year
12/24: Christmas Eve: favorite traditions, routines, or plans
12/25: Christmas Meaning: what Christmas means to us

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.