Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner: Baked Corn

Friends, I would love to introduce you to Emily from Newlywed Moments.  This is her second month appearing on my sidebar.  I have been enjoying getting to know her.  I can't wait to get to know her even better!  Elizabeth is guest posting here today.  I love introducing you to other bloggers via guest posts.  Since Thanksgiving is this month, all I asked was that any guest posts be related to the topic of thankfulness or Thanksgiving.  Please welcome Emily to the blog today!

~~~~~

Newlywed MomentsHi everyone! My name is Emily and I blog over at Newlywed Moments about everything from romance to recipes to real life. In June of this year, I got married to Hudson – my best friend and high school sweetheart. We have so much fun together and love going on adventures, laughing at ourselves, and staying up all night talking. 

Some random facts about me: I love Jesus. I hate coffee but I’m still addicted to Starbucks. I’m from the northeast but secretly wish I lived in the south. Oh, and I absolutely LOVE making blog friends…so make sure you come “visit” my blog

I host a weekly blog hop / link party called Tell Me About It Tuesday (which is TODAY!) that you should totally join. And, I would love if you connected with me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube!

But enough about me...can I just tell you guys for a second how awesome Sarah is? She was one of the first bloggers I connected with, and she was so encouraging from the very beginning! Thank you Sarah for all of your kindness!

Today, I am sharing with you my grandma's secret recipe for baked corn. Seriously, it is THE BEST. This year, she announced that she has "passed the torch on" for me to make it. Exciting and nerve-wracking...I'm not sure I can make it as good as she can! But the good news is that now I can share the "secret" recipe with all of you! 

Image thanks to Taste of Home
To be honest, it's really not all that difficult!

All you do is mix the following ingredients together:

3 cups uncooked corn
4 eggs
1 ¼ cup scalded milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar.

Then just stick it in the oven and bake at 325 for one hour!

How easy is that?!

What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? I'd love to hear!

Signature
~~~~~

Thank you so much, Emily, for sharing this recipe!  I may just have to try it for our Thanksgiving dinner!  Friends, be sure to visit her over at her blog, Newlywed Moments.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.