Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful for...Faith!

Faith!

I am Christian.  This blog is faith-based.  
I think we all know that!

I openly share my faith with others.
I read Scripture on a daily basis {most of the time}.
I post little tidbits of scripture "insight" on a weekly basis {most of the time}.
I share some of these insights daily on facebook and twitter.

It's just me sharing.
I'm simply sharing with no hidden agenda.

I share all the time on my blog the amazing blessings I have seen in my life because of my belief and my faith in Him.
I know that when I began to develop my faith and my relationship with Christ, my life changed drastically...for the better.
I know that I could not persevere through the challenges my family has faced over the past few years if I lacked faith.
I believe that it is because of my faith in Him that I have been able to be strong and carry on despite the continued challenges.

I don't share to boast about all the great things I have - because our family surely doesn't "have it all".
If it is boasting, it is boasting in His greatness - telling all of the wonderful deeds he has done.

1 Corinthians 1:30-31 {NLT}
30 God has united you with Christ Jesus.  For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself.  Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin.  31 Therefore, as Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord."

I don't think of myself as shoving my faith down anyone's throat.
I believe what I believe and I won't stand down from that.
I will defend my beliefs in my faith in the Lord.

I also know that my beliefs aren't shared by everyone, and that's ok.  Each of us is entitled to our own beliefs.  I will defend my beliefs but I will not stir controversy or be confrontational, as that does nothing to glorify Him.

But as for me, I choose to believe in mighty God who has done an amazing work in my family.  I have met Him in the people I have encountered.  I have seen first-hand His mighty hand at work.
As part of this month of giving thanks, I am so incredibly thankful for my faith.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.