Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 2012 Birchbox - A Review

I was pretty excited to receive my November Birchbox today!  It was a little later arriving this month.  However, the reason it was delayed was because Birchbox is based in New York and was affected by super storm Sandy.  I was definitely not upset over this delay!  That said, I'm excited to have it in my little hands now!  I was pretty pleased with my October box, so I couldn't wait to open this one!


This month's inspiration was "Give".  In the U.S. we are celebrating Thanksgiving next Thursday, so this was a great theme.  On the enclosed card, it stated that "This month's box is all about giving: giving thanks, giving back, and of course giving treats."  In fact, they are supporting "The Art of Elysium, a non-profit that encourages actors, artists, designers and musicians to dedicate their time and talent to children who are battling various medical conditions.  Learn more and shop gift picks from The Art of Elysium's celebrity supporters at birchbox.com/TheArtofElysium."  As the parent of a child who is battling a variety of medical condition, this alone intrigues me.  I can't wait to check that site out!

Here's what was in the November Birchbox.

Atelier Cologne | Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue - I love the card's description of this perfume: "Thanks to spicy ginger and a touch of bergamot, this sexy new rose scent is more sophisticated than sweet."  I loved how the sample was packaged in a little translucent white envelope with this lovely postcard enclosed with the sample.  As for the perfume itself.  Oh my goodness.  I am in love!!!  Santa, please???

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive}
Full Price: $75.00 {30 ml}



Lulu Organics | Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder - I have honestly never tried a dry shampoo.    Do they work??  I don't know, but I'm willing to give this a try.  For all the times I spend in the hospital with Peyton, it sounds like this might be something interesting to have on hand.  I love the packaging of this product.  It sounds like a little will go a long way, as it only requires a dime-sized amount of the powder per use.

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive}
Full Price: $30.00 {4 oz}


Miracle Skin Transformer | Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector - This is to be used before applying makeup.  It is supposed to help with wrinkles, dark spots, and helps promote an even tone.  I'm intrigued.  We'll see how well it works though!

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive...it it works!}
Full Price: $58.00




ModelCo | Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara - This was the first thing that jumped out at me when I opened my box.  Why??  Because the product "sample" I received was full sized!!  Seriously!  My Birchbox cost $10.  This product retails for $24.  Did I get a deal this month or what??  The cool thing about this product is the built in mirror on the back side.

Rating: A+ {would definitely buy}
Full Price: $24.00


The Lifestyle Extra that was included in this month's Birchbox was a Chuao Chocolatier | 7-pack Assorted ChocoPod.  Before you get too excited about receiving a 7-pack, I will say it was a single.  That's fine - it's a sample after all!  I am eating mine right now.  Oh.  My.  God.  When Santa brings me that perfume, he needs to also bring me these!!  What is it??  According to the card enclosed "These bite-sized artisanal treats are made with premium Venezuelan cacao and come in a range of unexpected flavors."  On the package I received, it says "Crisp kettle cooked potato chips and a hint of sea salt mix and mingle in milk chocolate."  I am in love!

Rating: A+ {would definitely buy...against my better judgment}
Full Price: $7.95 {7 pack}

Also included in the box was a "Holiday 2012 gift guide" which features a variety of products available from Birchbox.


I am so seriously impressed with my Birchbox this month.  Seriously!!

~~~~~


If you are interested in Birchbox, it's $10 a month for the subscription.  You earn 10 points for every $10 spent.  When you've spent $100, you earn $10 to use in their shop!  You can earn points shopping in their shop as well.  Also, you can earn points by referring friends! A few months ago I used 300 of my points to buy Ahava Mineral Body Lotion.  It was free.  I love this lotion anyway, so I knew I'd love a free one!  Just the other day, I used another 300 points to get $60.50 worth of products for $30.50!  I will be receiving Ahava Dermud Hand Cream, Stila It's Go Time Lip Glaze Trio, and Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner.


~~~~~

If you are interested in subscribing for yourself, click HERE to receive more information!

If you already subscribe to Birchbox, what was in your box this month??


{note: the opinions in this post are strictly my own and I have in no way been compensated for this review}

Previous reviews:
October 2012 | September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.