Sunday, November 4, 2012

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Weeks 43 & 44


Scripture!

On January 1, I began my second-ever year long bible study.  Our pastor calls it the Daily Wisdom Challenge {or the "Twitter Bible Study"}.  The purpose is to engage in a reading plan for a year, and post insight from your reading each day, in 140 characters or less!  You can find a reading plan at YouVersion.  

Once again, I fell behind in my reading.  I am still trying to catch up on what I missed out on while Peyton was in the hospital.  I am happy to say that as of today, I am back on track!  Here is what I have been learning over the past couple weeks worth of scripture:

1 Tim 6:17-19 Why do we waste time storing up riches for things of this world? Be generous. Do good deeds with it. Your treasure in heaven is far more valuable!

2 Tim 2:15 Work in a way that is pleasing to God. Speak truth with confidence and not shame!

2 Tim 3:16-17 Scripture is truth. It is inspired by God. From it we learn how to follow His way so that we may glorify Him.

2 Tim 4:3,5 It is becoming increasingly difficult to spread the word amongst unbelievers. Stay with it. You honor God when you stand firm in your beliefs!

Titus 1:15-16 Do the motives of our hearts line up with what we profess to believe? What needs to be changed so we can be more like Him?

Titus 2:11-13 Though the world around us may deny Him, we must continue to live our lives seeking Him and not the things if this world.

Titus 3:5 We are saved not because we deserve it but because God loves us that much!

Ps 101:3-8 Our walk with God truly is affected by the environment we inhabit. How can we better serve Him?

Lam 3:22-23 having a rough day? The Lord still loves you and always will. He is full of grace and mercy for us every day.

Prov 26:23 People can so easily hide their motives by using just the right words. Do my words line up with what is in my heart?

Prov 26:24-26 People who are one way in front of you while covering their true motives can not conceal their motives from God who knows all.

Heb 4:12-13 The word is truth and it exposes what is truly in our hearts. We cannot hide that from God.

Heb 5:8 Even Jesus wasn't immune from suffering. It is through our trials that we gain wisdom, strength, and obedience to The Lord.

Heb 6:1-3 We can't keep learning the basics about faith over and over. In order to grow in understanding, we must move from learning to action.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.