Saturday, November 10, 2012

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 45

On January 1, I began my second-ever year long bible study.  Our pastor calls it the Daily Wisdom Challenge {or the "Twitter Bible Study"}.  The purpose is to engage in a reading plan for a year, and post insight from your reading each day, in 140 characters or less!  You can find a reading plan at YouVersion.

Here is what I learned over the past week:

Ezekiel 14:4-6 The idols we worship above God aren't always physical things or people we can see. Check your hearts because they reside there as well.

Proverbs 27:6 I do believe I would prefer to be hurt by someone who sincerely cared for me than be lauded and sought after by someone whose motivations weren't honorable.

Heb 8:6 Under the new covenant we have Jesus as the only mediator between us and God. Jesus makes it a personal relationship.

Heb 9:7-9 The old law required ritual sacrifices for atonement. Under the new law Jesus IS the sacrifice and we are drawn close to God!

Heb 9:28 Christ died once for our sins. When he comes again it will be for our salvation.

Heb 10:12 Christ's sacrifice was singular and is for every generation. He is the only one between us and God.

Heb 10:22 Through Christ's sacrifice we are made clean and we are able yo be in God's presence and enjoy a personal relationship with Him.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.