Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 2012 Birchbox - A Review

My October Birchbox has arrived!  If you recall, my September box was a bit of a dud.  I was really hoping for something great this month to make up for that!  The box that came in the mail wasn't the typical pink box.  Here's what arrived:



The inspiration for this month's box was goop.com.  The little insert card inside the box says "Beyond its fun name, goop.com is our go-to resource for lifestyle inspiration...This month we've enlisted goop to put together a collection of must-try essentials."

Here's what was in my October Birchbox:



Illume | Red Cedar Candle - This isa candle "made with soy, beeswax, and essential oils" that "features a warm scent that comes courtes of red cedar and vetiver."  Friends, as soon as I opened up my box, I smelled this candle.  I couldn't wait to find out the source of the smell.  While I wasn't expecting a candle in my Birchbox, I have to say that this is a really nice scent.  I like it a lot!

Rating: A+ {would definitely buy}
Full Price: $10.00
Jouer | Lip Enhancer - I received a Jouer product in my July box.  At that time, I received a tinted moisturizer that I wound up passing on to someone with a darker complexion that I have.  I was disappointed that I wasn't able to use it since it seemed like a good product.  This time I received a lip enhancer {conditioning lip treatment}.  The sample is pretty small at 0.07 fl oz, but a teeny tiny bit goes a long way.  As the card states, it "gives you the moisturizing punch of a balm with the satiny finish of a gloss."  I am using it right now and I really like it!

Rating: A+ {would definitely buy}
Full Price: $14.00 {0.33 fl oz}

Kiehl's | Rosa Arctica Eye - I was excited to see the Kiehl's brand in my October box!  Every time I visit Birchbox I see this brand, but I'd yet to receive any samples.  As I sit here in the hospital with my daughter for the second time in a month, I'm seriously collecting a lot of under-eye baggage.  "Conquer dark circles with this brightening eye balm, which is made with collagen-boosting flower extracts."  Sounds like a winner to me!  I love the feel of it and I can't wait to see how it works!  As excited as I am, I'm going to give this a slightly lower rating, only because it's a bit on the expensive side.  That said, I think I'd consider buying it in the future - maybe even use some of my Birchbox points to help with the cost!

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive}
Full Price: $46.00

Supergoop! | City Sunscreen Serum - This is a sunscreen which would be great for "wearing under your  makeup for a weightless UV shield."  It is meant to be worn on the face, neck and chest.  As I am currently in the hospital with my daughter, there's no opportunity to really sample this product.  I read up on it on Birchbox and they certainly make it sound great.  As I am a redhead with very fair skin, it sounds like it would be great, although it is pretty pricey.

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive}
Full Price: $42.00

Last but not least is the Lifestyle Extra that Birchbox always includes in each box.  This month it was a Luna | Lemon Zest bar.  It sounds great but I'm pretty sure that no matter how good they are, I'm not going to pay this kind of money for these bars!

Rating: A {would buy it if it weren't so expensive}
Full Price: $18.75 {15 pack}

All in all, great month, Birchbox!!



If you are interested in Birchbox, it's $10 a month for the subscription.  You earn 10 points for every $10 spent.  When you've spent $100, you earn $10 to use in their shop!  You can earn points shopping in their shop as well.  Also, you can earn points by referring friends! So far, I have redeemed 300 of my points to buy Ahava Mineral Body Lotion.  It was free.  I love this lotion anyway, so I knew I'd love a free one!  I have enough points for $30 in free product now.  What to buy???

~~~~~

If you are interested in subscribing for yourself, click HERE to receive more information!

If you already subscribe to Birchbox, what was in your box this month??

{note: the opinions in this post are strictly my own and I have in no way been compensated for this review}

Previous reviews:
September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.