Monday, October 29, 2012

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 42

On January 1, I began my second-ever year long bible study.  Our pastor calls it the Daily Wisdom Challenge {or the "Twitter Bible Study"}.  The purpose is to engage in a reading plan for a year, and post insight from your reading each day, in 140 characters or less!  You can find a reading plan at YouVersion.  

Once again, I have fallen behind in my reading.  I am still trying to catch up on what I missed out on while Peyton was in the hospital.  Here is what I have been learning:

2 Thess 3:6-7, 10-13 If we are going to follow Christ, we must not be idle. Use your time well. Use it for bringing glory to Him.

1 Tim 1:12-13 Despite my past, God grants mercy and favor and entrusts even the likes of me with the ability to do His work here on earth. God can use you too!

1 Tim 2:5-6 One God. One man reconciling us to Him through his death and resurrection. Jesus Christ.  The end.

1 Tim 3:2-5 If someone can't even manage their own family well, how can they expect to do well in leadership roles?

1 Tim 4:8 If we don't train ourselves in the area of our walk with God, we won't be able to reap the blessings He has in store!

1 Tim 5:24-25 Just as with our sins, many of our good deeds are obvious, but those that aren't are still known to The Lord.

1 Tim 6:17-19 Why do we waste time storing up riches for things of this world? Be generous. Do good deeds with it. Your treasure in heaven is far more valuable!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.