Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Week 46





I cannot believe it is Thursday yet again!!  I have no idea where this past week went.  I feel like I say that a lot, but it's true!  Another week has passed and there is still so much to be thankful for.  There always is!





In the past couple weeks or so, things have been kicking off once again at church.  We had a "connect" weekend a few weeks ago where so many of the church's ministries were out in the hallways at tables where people could go and get information so that they could get connected.  I helped out at one table and it was so encouraging to see so many people expressing an interest in getting connected.

Our Fall semester of Sisterhood {our women's ministry} kicked off a couple of weeks ago, but I missed the first session because Peyton was in the hospital.  They're doing things a little differently this semester and last week was a leadership week.  Table leaders and other ministry leaders got together to hear a teaching on leadership.  I think this is going to be a wonderful way for the church to help to build up their leaders.  I'm pretty new at this, so I know I am very grateful!

After several months of being absent from worship choir at church, I finally am back!  Things were crazy with Moira's soccer schedule and Peyton's poor health.  I finally got to a point where I realized that I could return and then Peyton wound up in the hospital a few weeks ago.  I was really anxious to get back because the worship choir is singing at the services at church this weekend!  I made it back this past Monday.  I am very thankful to be back amongst these friends.





There is another ministry which I am very grateful to be a part of the GriefShare ministry at our church.  Over the summer I participated in a 13 week season of GriefShare, which is a grief support ministry that can be found across the country.  Whatever loss you are experiencing, you can find a group and attend the sessions for 13 weeks in order to bring healing and peace into your life.  My second 13 week season of GriefShare began a week ago Tuesday.  Over the summer I attended a "boot camp" for prospective leaders in this ministry, so I am attending not just as a person needing a grief support group, but as someone who can try to assist where I can in meetings.  Please pray for me - this week was our second week, so it's all pretty new for most people, and I was asked to help lead the discussion on the previous week's "homework" while the facilitator was at a table across the room explaining how things worked to a couple new people.  Another "alumni" led the group in prayer and she did help out, but I tried for the first time ever to lead discussion.  Boy, did I feel so.  incredibly.  inadequate.  You know the saying "the silence was deafening"?  Yeah, it felt like that.  All that aside, I am blessed to be a part of this group and I am just so thankful that it exists in our church and so grateful for the current facilitator as well as the facilitators of the previous season of GriefShare.  

As an aside, if you are grieving a loss and need information, please send me an email {click the email me link up at the top} and I can try to help you out.


Lastly, I'm so thankful to have been one of the co-hosts in yesterday's REPRESENT vlog link up.  We got together and shared our testimonies via this link up.  Feel free to head on over there to listen to the testimonies.  There's still time to link yours up if you like!




Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
A Day In The Life

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.