Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Week 43




Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


I am so grateful to have found the geneticist in Boston for Peyton.  We have been in touch with him several times since we returned home.  I wrote a post yesterday {you can read that here} about a potential development in the 6-year-long struggle to unravel the medical mystery that is Peyton.  It may be nothing - there is no guarantee - but this doctor is working a lead which only came about because he did research on Peyton's list of conditions and came up with this possibility.  After things being relatively stagnant on the genetics from since we moved to Charleston from Houston {where she had previously been with Texas Children's Hospital - another amazing faciltiy}, we are so grateful that someone is finally doing some serious work on her case.  This has not been our experience with MUSC.

Funny story...the geneticist here in Charleston had in Peyton's record that she was adopted and there was no family history.  Um.  No.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


While we are very grateful to this new doctor and for the work he is trying to do with Peyton, I am even more grateful to God for placing him in our lives.  I sometimes struggle with wondering whether or not we are trying to "help" God out by seeking answers when it is only He who can ultimately provide all the answers we need.  Are we meddling with God's plan, thinking we can find earthly answers when maybe Peyton is just meant to be Peyton, existing so that others can learn about Him through her {trust me...they have - that child has taught me more than I could ever teach her!}.  Then I think, you know, God has equips us all with special gifts and abilities.  He has equipped her team of medical professionals so that they can care for her here on earth the best they can {some better than others, clearly!}.  I believe that God has equipped these people so that they can help Peyton - because He wants her to be the best she can be while she is with us.  I am grateful to Him for the callings they placed on the hearts of all of these people so that they can take care of my precious child.


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.


While we wait for some additional answers, we are just so thankful for this ray of hope that we've been given this week.  While it may not lead to a diagnosis, it's something.  I just pray in the meantime that whatever needs to be done to have Peyton tested for this incredibly rare disorder can be accomplished. It sounds like a pretty big hurdle.  I pray that the team of researchers in Germany will respond favorably to the request of Peyton's doctor that they test her for this disorder.


Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.