Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Into the Word Wednesdays - v. 11

This week I've found myself at a loss for what to write.  Being in the middle of our move, I didn't have anything posted on Sunday.  That's ok, I thought.  I don't have to have a post up every single day like I normally do.  The Sabbath is supposed to be for rest - and rest I did.  My legs were killing me from all the work we'd done on Saturday!  Late Sunday evening, all that rest came to a screeching halt as I was in Peyton's room when I realized she had stopped breathing and was struggling for breath.  Nothing was going in or coming out.  I wrote a letter to God on Monday which was, in part, a way to process my emotions, but also was done in conjunction with the weekly assignment for Compassion International's Blog Month.  That assignment really helped.  It's amazing how God's timing works sometimes.

The events of Sunday evening are very fresh in my mind.  What witnessed is not something that I will soon forget.  When you walk up to something like that and you see your helpless child unable to take even a single breath, it changes everything.  She's medically fragile, and we've dealt with plenty of illness in her 6 years.  She has been sick to the point of having to discuss end of life issues with her doctors.  The fact that she will die at a young age is never lost on us.  We've known that, with her condition, whatever takes her in the end could be something like a respiratory illness that causes her to deteriorate over the course of the illness, or that something could happen in an instant to cause her death suddenly.

In the midst of what was going on, so many thoughts were racing through my head.  Aside from all of the things that go along with being that first one "on the scene" and trying to get help for her, I was thinking Is this it?  Is this how it ends - just like that, with no warning??  In the middle of the crisis, I did think of God.  I cried out to God.  I remember thinking You cannot forget about Him during this!  He is here.  I knew that was from Him because a lot of times during a crisis we forget about Him.

Then He restored her.  And I cannot stop thinking about His healing hand.

"I will give you back your health and heal your wounds," says the Lord.
+ Jeremiah 30:17 {NLT} +



~~~~~

I would LOVE it if you linked up with a post about what God is showing you in the Word, or in your life. Please also stop by and see what God has been teaching my beautiful co-hosts this week: 

Becky at Tales of Beauty for Ashes
Kelly at The Houtz House Party
Falen at Upward Not Inward 
Kelly at Exceptionalistic

Into The Word Wednesdays


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.