Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Week 41




Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


We returned from Boston on Sunday evening.  I am thankful for safe travels there and back.  We had a lot of bad weather and horrible traffic to contend with on our driving days.  That's never fun to deal with.

I am so incredibly grateful to all of my friends here in the blog world who helped me out while we were away.  Thanks to all of them, you had something to read if you happened to come on by while I was gone!  And I know you did, so thank you, readers, for checking in here even though I wasn't personally writing much last week!  If you missed any posts last week, you can check in here to see who all my wonderful guest posters were and click on the links to their posts!

We were able to spend one night on the road with Kelly from The Houtz House Party.  She was so sweet to offer us a place to stay on our way up to Boston.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


We didn't really find any answers on our trip to Boston, but we definitely got a lot of suggestions and recommendations from the various doctors while we were there.  It seems like any surgical options to help fix Peyton's hip and relieve her of her chronic pain would be options that would be too much for her to bear.  

We are so incredibly grateful to all the doctors who spent so much of their time with us going over Peyton's history and trying to offer up some suggestions on how we can help to make her more comfortable.

We are also very grateful for the geneticist up there who is still seeking to find some sort of an answer for us in terms of a diagnosis.  We will continue to be in touch with him and will be working to have some further testing done to see if we can finally come up with a diagnosis for her.


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.


There was so much to take away from all the appointments that we had up in Boston.  I know we are very thankful for the opportunity to have made this happen.  If nothing else, I am thankful that we can say that we have now done everything we could possibly do to find answers for Peyton.

Most of all, I am so grateful to God for keeping Peyton safe and healthy for the time we were away.  The thought of her becoming sicker while we were on the road or in Boston was constantly in the back of our minds.  We are so grateful that we were able to get her home without that happening!

And now that we are home...
I am grateful for our doctors here who are supportive of our attempts to gain insight from other physicians.

I am also grateful for Moira and for all she put up with over the past week.  She really was a trooper.  Can you imagine being 8 and begin dragged from one appointment to the next for a whole week when it had absolutely nothing to do with you??  She did amazingly well through it all.  I know it was hard for her.  And now she is back home and back in school with her friends.  I am so grateful for that.  She was really needing to be around other kids.  It was a long summer.


Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.